Special Issue "Cellular and Molecular Regulatory Signals in Root Growth and Development"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 28 November 2023 | Viewed by 426
Interests: plant productivity; phytohormones; plant growth promoting bacteria; bacterial metabolites; plant-microorganism interaction
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
Special Issue in Biomolecules: Phytohormones 2020
Special Issue in Cells: Local and Systemic Signals of Macronutrient and Water Availability Regulating Root Growth and Development
Special Issue in Biomolecules: Phytohormones 2021
Special Issue in Cells: Local and Systemic Signals of Macronutrient and Water Availability
Special Issue in International Journal of Molecular Sciences: Molecular Regulation of Salinity Tolerance in Plants
Special Issue in International Journal of Molecular Sciences: Phytohormones: Important Participators in Plant Growth and Development
Special Issue in Biomolecules: Phytohormones 2022-2023
Special Issue in Agriculture: Microbiology Applied to Crop Systems
Special Issue in International Journal of Molecular Sciences: Phytohormones: Important Participators in Plant Growth and Development 2.0
Responses of root growth and development to environmental changes ensure adequate adaptation of plants to availability of water and nutrients. For example, accelerating root elongation allows them to reach deeper soil layers, where water is still stored during drought, when the top layers become dry. Increased root branching in the soil patches enriched with mineral nutrients facilitates their acquisition by plants. These types of responses are initiated by environmental signals that induce and interact with endogenous signals resulting in the changes in division, elongation and differentiation of root cells. Although the complicated net of these signals has been thoroughly studied, many questions still remain unanswered. Therefore we invite researchers to submit their experimental and review articles to the present Special Issue. The articles should address (but not be limited to) the following topics:
- sensors of water and nutrients availability (osmosensors and receptors, such as NRT, translating changes in concentration of essential elements into root developmental changes);
- control of root growth and development by transcription factors, MAP kinase modules and secondary messengers (PLETHORA, WUSCHEL-related homeobox, MYB, WRKY, NAC and other translation factors; reactive oxygen species, nitric oxide);
- hormonal control of root growth and development (root cell division, elongation and differentiation; initiation of lateral root primordia and their emergence; root hair formation; differentiation of secondary walls);
- influence of water deficit on local and distant signals controlling root growth and developments;
- effects of toxic compounds on root growth and development (such as heavy metals, herbicides, high concentration of sodium and others);
- regulatory signals generated by plant growth promoting bacteria and their effects on root growth and development.
Prof. Dr. Guzel Kudoyarova
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. International Journal of Molecular Sciences is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. There is an Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal. For details about the APC please see here. Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- reactive oxygen species
- water supply and deficit
- root apoplastic barriers
- root architecture
- nutrients uptake