Special Issue "Remote Sensing for Surface Water Monitoring"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (30 November 2023) | Viewed by 10233
Interests: remote sensing; land cover; super-resolution mapping; sub-pixel information; water resource; forest disturbance; multi-temporal analysis; data fusion
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
Surface water is a key component to the global hydrologic cycle and water balance. Remote sensing plays a crucial role in monitoring the spatiotemporal dynamics of surface water at a range of scales, but there are still many challenges in theories, methods, and applications. This Special Issue aims to compile state-of-the-art research that addresses various aspects of surface water monitoring by remote sensing. Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Algorithms for surface water mapping with various remote sensing data at different scales;
- Methods to address the cloud/shadow contamination problem for surface water monitoring;
- Approaches to fusing multisource remote sensing data for surface water monitoring;
- Spatiotemporal dynamics of surface water in local to global scales;
- Applications of surface water monitoring in lakes, reservoirs, ponds, rivers, and wetlands.
Prof. Dr. Feng Ling
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Remote Sensing is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2700 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- water spectral index
- surface water mapping algorithm
- cloud/shadow contamination removal
- water inundation frequency analysis
- multisource data fusion for water monitoring
- spatiotemporal surface water change