Advances in the Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prognosis of Acute Stroke
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 20 March 2024 | Viewed by 5583
Interests: brain Ischemia; intracranial large vessel occlusion stroke; thrombolytic therapy; stroke; vascular neurology; artificial intelligence
Novel techniques and treatment modalities are emerging in the fields of stroke, vascular neurology, and interventional neuroradiology. Recent research breakthroughs have changed our understanding of stroke pathophysiology, imaging, and treatments. In addition, artificial intelligence has revolutionized the management of acute stroke.
In this Special Issue of JCM, we will cover the following topics and updates in the fields of stroke, vascular neurology, and interventional neuroradiology:
- Updates on acute thrombolytic therapy, with a focus on intravenous tenecteplase;
- Updates on patient selection based on imaging modalities for intravenous thrombolytic therapy and mechanical thrombectomy;
- Updates on the role of mechanical thrombectomy for medium- and small-size intracranial vessel occlusion;
- Updates on the role of mechanical thrombectomy in large-vessel occlusion strokes with large core infarct;
- Updates on the management of intracranial atherosclerotic disease;
- Updates on the management of vertebral artery atherosclerotic steno-occlusive disease;
- Application of AI in the detection and management of acute ischemic stroke;
- Management of complications of mechanical thrombectomy.
Dr. Ashkan Mowla
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Journal of Clinical Medicine is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2600 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- mechanical thrombectomy
- intravenous thrombolytic therapy
- imaging selection for stroke
- large-vessel occlusion
- intracranial atherosclerotic disease
- artificial intelligence