Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Special Issue "Computational Intelligence in Agriculture and Natural Resources"
A special issue of Inventions (ISSN 2411-5134). This special issue belongs to the section "Inventions and innovation in Design, Modeling and Computing Methods".
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (30 October 2020) | Viewed by 8391
Special Issue Editors
Interests: process control; computational intelligence; automation in agriculture; wireless sensor networks; microgrids’ management
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
Special Issue in Instruments: Advanced Instrumentation for an Intelligent Agriculture: Current Trends and Perspectives
Special Issue in Sustainability: Sustainable Microgrids for Remote, Isolated and Emerging Areas: Current Trends and Perspectives in Policies, Practices and Technologies
Special Issue in Sensors: Smart Sensors for Automation in Agriculture 4.0
Special Issue in Micromachines: Micromachines in Agriculture: Current Trends and Perspectives
Special Issue in Sensors: IoT for Smart Agriculture
Special Issue in Energies: Electric and Hybrid Vehicles: Technology Trends, Challenges and Opportunities
Special Issue in Sustainability: High-End Technologies for Sustainable Agri-Food Systems
Special Issue in Sensors: Smart Sensors for Sustainable Agriculture
Interests: artificial intelligence in agriculture; deep learning; wireless sensor networks; controlled environment agriculture; hydroponics
Special Issue Information
Computational intelligence (CI) encompasses a large part of artificial intelligence (AI) methodologies, which are mainly inspired by natural processes and systems, and are used to solve real-world problems to which the application of conventional methods can be problematic due to their high complexity and their inherent stochastic nature. A variety of such real-world problems exist in the areas of agriculture and natural resources. The processes involved are usually complex, with many uncertainties, and CI-based methodologies often constitute the only feasible approach to their modelling, design, and optimization.
The aim of this Special Issue is to gather and present recent works where CI methodologies are developed for solving complex problems in the fields of agriculture and natural resources. We invite you to contribute to this issue by submitting comprehensive reviews, case studies, or research articles that focus on scientific methods and technological tools, in order to provide an opportunity for learning the state-of-the-art and for discussion on future directions in computational intelligence in agriculture and natural resources fields. Papers selected for this Special Issue will be subject to a rigorous peer review procedure with the aim of rapid and wide dissemination of research results, developments, and applications.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following aspects of computational intelligence (CI):
- CΙ-based decision support systems
- CΙ tools in precision agriculture
- CΙ techniques in agricultural robotics and automation equipment
- CI in autonomous agricultural vehicles
- CI paradigms in agricultural UAVs and drones
- CI and agricultural knowledge-based systems
- CI in agricultural optimization management
- intelligent interfaces and human–machine interaction
- CI in machine vision and image/signal processing
- CI in machine learning, deep learning, and pattern recognition
- neural networks, fuzzy systems, neuro-fuzzy systems
- agents and multi-agent systems
- heuristic and meta-heuristic algorithms
- intelligent systems for animal feeding and management
- CI in crop phenotyping and analysis
- CI in protected horticulture
- CI in remote sensing in agriculture and natural resources
- CI in food engineering and cold chain logistics
- CI in Big Data analysis and management
- CI in agricultural data mining and information extraction
- CI in smart sensors and Internet of Things
- CI in cloud computing
- web intelligence and semantic web
- CI in fault detection and diagnosis
- CI in augmented and virtual reality
- CI in water, irrigation, and drainage management
- CI in the management and control of smart grids
- CI in the management of renewable energy sources
- CI in the management and control of energy mini- and micro-grids
Prof. Dr. Konstantinos G. Arvanitis
Dr. Dinos Ferentinos
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Inventions is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1500 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.