Multi-Dimensional Spatial Data Modeling
A special issue of ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information (ISSN 2220-9964).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (30 September 2015) | Viewed by 49131
Interests: multi-dimensional spatial data modeling and data structures; interval analysis modeling of uncertainty; multi-dimensional mathematical modeling; ontologies
The ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information (ISSN 2220-9964) is publishing a special issue on Multi-Dimensional Spatial Data Modeling. This issue is part of the mission of the ISPRS Working group II/2, which aims to promote the development of new methodologies, algorithms and applications related to the representation of n-dimensional spatial data at multiple scales. Another focus of the group is on the development of topological and geometric data models, data structures and algorithms for automatic n-dimensional data generalization at different levels of detail and for various purposes.
The intended topics are:
- mathematical modeling and simulation in 3D and higher dimensional space (nD with n>3),
- 3D/nD geographic, environmental, scientific and technological applications of spatial data modeling,
- emulation of physical phenomena in 3D/nD,
- photogrammetric reconstruction of 3D/nD objects,
- spatial data structures for representing 3D/nD objects,
- spatial databases and spatial indexing for 3D/nD models,
- ontologies for the representation of 3D/nD geographic, environmental, scientific and technological application domains.Each relevant submitted manuscript will be reviewed anonymously by three reviewers from different backgrounds and from different geographic locations.
Dr François Anton
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1700 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- multidimensional spatial data modeling
- multidimensional simulation
- multidimensional emulation of physical phenomena, physical modeling
- multidimensional data ontologies
- (photogrammetric) reconstruction of objects in 3D/nD
- multidimensional spatial data indexing
- multidimensional spatial data structures
- mathematical aspects of multidimensional spatial data modeling