Special Issue "Applications and Potential of UAV Photogrammetric Survey"
A special issue of ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information (ISSN 2220-9964).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (15 December 2018) | Viewed by 42405
Interests: precision agriculture; remote sensing; phenology; photogrammetry
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
This Special Issue is devoted to the applications and potentials of UAS photogrammetric surveys. Unmanned aerial systems (UAS) have torpedoed into Earth sciences and photogrammetry during last few years. They give an enormous potential and freedom to scientists of different fields. In addition to science, UAS photogrammetry is commonly used in practice and the use of drones has become a common procedure in many environmental applications.
The Special Issue aims for papers showing the progress in key areas of UAS photogrammetry, such as real-time photogrammetry, applications of new sensors, such as LiDAR and hyperspectral scanners, oblique photogrammetry, large scale thematic remote sensing and environmental mapping. Typical papers are expected to address the following UAS photogrammtry topics:
- online or real-time UAS-photogrammetry
- Proposal of novel path planning methods for obstacle free navigation, for real scenarios, indoor and outdoor applications.
- Sensor and data fusion for the integration of UAS imagery with satellite, aerial or terrestrial data, integration of heterogeneous data captured by UAS
- Efficient corridor mapping and BVLOS applications
- Innovative applications for monitoring, tracking and change detection in cadaster and surveying, rapid mapping, urban monitoring, disaster prevention, industrial plant inspection, search and rescue, multi-temporal analyses, precision farming, forestry, etc.
Dr.-Ing. Görres Grenzdörffer
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1700 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- UAS Photogrammetry
- Digital true orthophotos
- Dense image matching and surface reconstruction
- Corridor mapping
- Oblique images
- Hyperspectral and Lidar
- Standardisation, Regulation, BVLOS
- Obstacles, sense and avoid