Symmetry and Asymmetry in Cybersecurity
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 15 March 2024 | Viewed by 162
Cybersecurity is a rapidly evolving field, and understanding the dynamics of symmetry and asymmetry is crucial in addressing emerging threats and vulnerabilities. Symmetry and asymmetry in cybersecurity refer to the balance or imbalance of power, resources, and strategies between attackers and defenders in the digital realm. This interplay has a profound impact on the effectiveness of security measures, the resilience of systems, and the overall state of cybersecurity.
This Special Issue aims to explore the concept of symmetry and asymmetry in the context of cybersecurity. We invite researchers, scholars, and practitioners to contribute original research articles, reviews, and case studies that delve into various aspects of this theme.
Topics of Interest are (but are not limited to):
- Symmetric and Asymmetric Cyber Warfare: Analyzing the strategies, tactics, and tools employed by nation-states and non-state actors in cyber conflicts;
- Attack–Defense Asymmetry: Investigating the disparity between cyber attackers and defenders and the strategies used to mitigate this imbalance;
- Economic Aspects of Cybersecurity: Exploring the cost-effectiveness of cybersecurity measures and the economics of cybercrime;
- Human Aspects of Cybersecurity: Examining the role of human factors, psychology, and behavior in symmetric and asymmetric cyber-attacks;
- Machine Learning and AI in Cybersecurity: Assessing the use of AI-driven technologies in both offensive and defensive cyber operations;
- Legal and Ethical Dimensions: Discussing the legal and ethical implications of cyber conflict, including state-sponsored cyber activities;
- Resilience and Recovery: Strategies and techniques for building resilient systems and effective recovery plans in the face of cyber threats;
- Cybersecurity Policy and Governance: Analyzing government policies and international agreements related to cyber warfare and defense.
Dr. Jiale Zhang
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Symmetry is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2400 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- network security
- applied cryptography
- cryptography attack
- detection and mitigation
- AI security
- software security
- data security
- privacy preservation