Special Issue "Functional Biopolymers from Natural Resources"
A special issue of Polymers (ISSN 2073-4360). This special issue belongs to the section "Biomacromolecules, Biobased and Biodegradable Polymers".
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 15 October 2023 | Viewed by 2849
Interests: polymer chemistry; biomass valorization; lignin chemistry; chemistry of materials
This Special Issue intends to publish high quality research and review articles related to “Functional Biopolymers from Natural Resources”. The main topics include the following themes:
- New advances in the biomass valorisation and biorefinery;
- New advances in the obtainment of bio-based building blocks and their valorisation in polymer chemistry (synthesis of macromonomers; polyols; etc);
- Development of bio-based materials through innovative and ecofriendly routes;
- Development of new synthetic routes for polymerization and chemical modification;
- Potential technological applications of bio-based materials (biomedical; catalysis; biosorbents; drug carriers; antimicrobial and antioxidant agents; high-performance thermosetting polymers; membranes; organic coatings for corrosion protection; hydrogels; etc.).
The Editors will also consider any related topics that have not been clearly specified above. For review articles, the authors must contact the Guest Editor before the submission and send him a cover letter for analysis.
Prof. Dr. Francisco Avelino
Prof. Dr. Selma Elaine Mazzetto
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Polymers is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2700 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- biomass polymers
- new materials from biomass
- prospects for the development of the market of catalysts for the production of chemicals
- characterization of polymer materials
- ecology of biomass processing
- natural polymer modification
- conversion of biomass and its components
- calculations of polymer materials
- pyrolysis of plant components
- depolymerization of natural polymers