Special Issue "Inventions and Innovation in Smart Sensing Technologies for Agriculture"
A special issue of Inventions (ISSN 2411-5134). This special issue belongs to the section "Inventions and Innovation in Design, Modeling and Computing Methods".
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 March 2024 | Viewed by 1064
Interests: smart sensing; smart agriculture; Internet of Things; energy harvesting sensing; self-powered sensing; battery-free sensing; food monitoring
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
Special Issue in Sensors: Flexible and Wearable Sensors and Sensing for Agriculture and Food
Agriculture plays a crucial role in ensuring global food security and sustainable development. Smart sensing technologies have emerged as powerful tools to enhance productivity, optimize resource utilization, and improve overall agricultural practices. By gathering cutting-edge research and technological advancements in smart sensing technologies, the Special Issue on “Inventions and Innovation of Smart Sensing Technologies in Agriculture” aims to contribute to the advancement of precision agriculture, sustainability, and productivity in the agricultural sector.
The Special Issue aims to cover a wide range of topics including, but not limited to, the following:
- Design and development of novel smart sensors for monitoring soil conditions, crop health, irrigation, fertilization and agri-food quality management.
- Wireless sensor networks and Internet of Things (IoT) applications in precision agriculture for real-time data collection, analysis, and decision-making.
- Remote sensing techniques and satellite imagery for crop monitoring, yield estimation, and land management.
- Integration of advanced technologies such as robotics, drones, and artificial intelligence in smart sensing systems for automated farming operations.
- Smart sensing technologies for monitoring and controlling environmental factors such as temperature, humidity, light, and air quality in greenhouses and controlled environments.
- Use of smart sensing technologies for pest and disease detection, early warning systems, and plant protection strategies.
- Innovative approaches for data analytics, modeling, and predictive algorithms to optimize agricultural practices and improve resource efficiency.
- Field trials, case studies, and practical applications of smart sensing technologies in different agricultural sectors including crop production, livestock management, aquaculture, agroforestry, and the agri-food supply chain.
Authors are encouraged to submit their high-quality research and innovation contributions to this Special Issue, with a focus on the development and application of smart sensing technologies in agriculture.
Dr. Xinqing Xiao
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Inventions is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1500 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- smart sensing technologies
- precision agriculture
- wireless sensor networks
- inventions and innovation