A section of Genes (ISSN 2073-4425).
The focus of the section “Bioinformatics” is on research advances in computational biology and genome bioinformatics with applications in molecular biology and medicine. The emphasis is on the development of novel computational/statistical/analytical methods (and databases) for the modeling and analysis of all types of biological data, including but not limited to:
- Sequencing and genotyping;
- Transcriptomics, gene regulation, and epigenetics;
- Population and statistical genetics;
- Evolutionary and comparative genomics;
- Gene expression pertinent to biological networks;
- Systems biology.
Papers in this section are expected to represent significant advances to bioinformatics that would be of interest to a broad audience.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Bioinformatics of Disease Genes: 2023 (Deadline: 15 December 2023)
- Bioinformatics of Human Diseases (Deadline: 25 January 2024)
- Applications and Progress in Single-Cell Genomics (Deadline: 10 March 2024)
- Advances in Bioinformatics of Diseases (Deadline: 15 April 2024)
- Novel Bioinformatics and Machine Learning Applications in Cancer (Deadline: 20 April 2024)
- When Genes Meet Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (Deadline: 20 April 2024)
- Bioinformatics and Computational Biology for Cancer Prediction and Prognosis (Deadline: 1 May 2024)
- Bioinformatics of Disease Research (Deadline: 10 May 2024)
- Computational and AI Methods for Disease Gene Identification and Diagnosis (Deadline: 25 June 2024)
- Bioinformatics of RNA Modifications and Epitranscriptome (Deadline: 20 July 2024)
Following topical collection within this section is currently open for submissions: