Special Issue "Technological Advancements Enabling Sustainment and Expansion of the Nuclear Industry"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 January 2024 | Viewed by 296
Interests: artificial intelligence; machine learning; autonomous controls; remote operation and monitoring; digital twin; signal and image processing; reactor technologies; wireless communication; digital technologies; reliability; and risk assessment
Interests: diagnostics; prognostics; numerical solution of differential equations; parameter identification; optimization; machine learning
Interests: risk assessment; risk-informed methods; risk-informed performance-based regulations; nuclear safety; nuclear security; safeguards; integration of safety, security and safeguards; digital twins; regulatory aspects of digital twins; advanced reactor security and safeguards; advanced reactor deployment roadmap
As the nuclear industry focuses on both the sustainment of the existing fleet of light water reactors and the development and deployment of advanced reactors, the current capabilities of technological advancements must be leveraged. This Special Issue focuses on the application of innovative science and technological solutions that enable the sustainment and expansion of the nuclear industry.
This Special Issue welcomes contributions that attend to topics including, but not limited to, the following:
- The lifecycle management of artificial intelligence and machine learning models;
- Applications of artificial intelligence and machine learning in nuclear operation and maintenance;
- The use of automation to enhance efficiency in the maintenance and operation of nuclear power plants;
- Digital twins in the design and development of advanced nuclear reactors;
- Control architectures, including autonomous and semi-autonomous controls for advanced nuclear reactors;
- Technologies for non-traditional nuclear markets;
- The need for communication to maintain situational awareness;
- Cyber-security considerations;
- Sensor technologies;
- Risk-informed methodologies and strategies;
- Additive manufacturing for light-weight materials for structural and shielding applications.
Dr. Vivek Agarwal
Dr. Nancy Lybeck
Dr. Vaibhav Yadav
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Energies is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2600 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.