Special Issue "Cybersecurity and Online Learning in Tertiary Education"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 30 April 2024 | Viewed by 125
Interests: educational technology; learning analytics; cybersecurity
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
We hope this message finds you well. We are excited to announce that Education Sciences will be publishing a speciation edition focused on the crucial intersection of cybersecurity and online learning in tertiary education. Given your expertise and contributions in the field, we would like to extend an invitation for you to submit an article for consideration in this special edition.
Theme: Exploring Cybersecurity in Online Learning Environments in Tertiary Education.
As advancements in technology continue to reshape the education landscape, the need for robust cybersecurity measures in online learning environments becomes increasingly critical. This speciation edition aims to shed light on the challenges, best practices, and innovative approaches to ensuring cybersecurity in tertiary education settings.
We believe that your research and expertise in this area would provide valuable insights and contribute significantly to the academic discourse surrounding this theme. Potential topics for submission include, but are not limited to:
- Cyber threats and vulnerabilities in online learning platforms
- Strategies for securing online learning systems and data
- Privacy concerns and data protection in online education
- User authentication and access control in virtual learning environments
- Addressing digital inequality and cybersecurity disparities in tertiary education
- Emerging technologies and their impact on cybersecurity in online learning
- Policy and legal considerations for safeguarding online learning environments
- Training and awareness programs for promoting cybersecurity in education
- Manuscripts should adhere to the guidelines set by Education Sciences (please refer to the journal's website for details).
- Articles should present original research, case studies, or systematic reviews that offer valuable insights into the chosen theme.
- Manuscripts should not exceed 8,000 words (including references). It can be exceeded in certain contexts with prior editorial approval.
- The submission deadline for this speciation edition is 30 April 2024.
- All submissions will undergo a rigorous peer-review process to ensure academic rigor and relevance.
Please note that acceptance of your submission is not guaranteed, as it will depend on the outcome of the peer-review process. However, we believe that your contribution has the potential to make a significant impact on the field and encourage you to submit your work.
If you are interested in contributing to this speciation edition, please confirm your intent to submit by 20 April 2024 so that we can provide you with further details and submission instructions. Should you have any questions or require additional information, please feel free to reach out to us.
Thank you for considering this invitation, and we look forward to the possibility of featuring your work in this special edition of Education Sciences.
Dr. Soonja Yeom
Dr. David Herbert
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a double-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Education Sciences is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1400 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- ethics of scale
- learning analytics and any cyber security issues with it
- cyber risk management
- security awareness-specific LMS
- ethical hacking by online learning
- virtual labs for cybersecurity education
- online learning and authenticity