Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Technology Enhanced Education
A section of Education Sciences (ISSN 2227-7102).
Over the last few years, the delivery of education has changed from being predominately face to face and modestly supported by basic technologies, to an activity that involves a wide range of technological tools and infrastructure. This presents many challenges, not least ensuring that these new approaches are educationally effective. Furthermore, the consequences of using new technologies can be far reaching, and in addition to technical implications, such as data security, the deployment of these technologies can be viewed through ethical, social and cultural lenses.
Where assessment forms part of the process, technology is a two-edged sword. While technology allows for a richer variety of assessment methods to be used and offers the potential for automatic marking, it complicates the ways in which academic integrity is assured.
This section focuses on both the technical and educational aspects of applying technology to the educational process. The section does not prescribe particular topics, provided that any submission contains both technical and educational material that may relate to a specific discipline or to many.
Research contributions must be original, and empirical studies are welcomed, provided the underlying methodologies (qualitative, quantitative or mixed) are clearly articulated and rigorously applied. Review papers may also be considered, but descriptive papers that simply report (for example) classroom experience are unsuitable.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Decolonising Educational Technology (Deadline: 30 June 2023)
- Digital Innovation in Education (Deadline: 30 June 2023)
- Digital Twins and Future Intelligent Educational Environments (Deadline: 30 June 2023)
- AI-Augmented Learning, Instruction and Educational Assessment (Deadline: 12 July 2023)
- The Use of Technology for Geography Teaching and Learning (Deadline: 31 July 2023)
- Applications of Emerging Educational Technologies in Digital Pedagogies (Deadline: 1 August 2023)
- Technology Enhanced Science Education: Research Innovations in Pedagogy and Practices (Deadline: 31 August 2023)
- Effectiveness and Sustainable Application on Educational Technology (Deadline: 31 August 2023)
- Trustworthy Artificial Intelligence in Education (Deadline: 1 September 2023)
- Educational Adoption of Immersive VR to Enhance Learning Experiences and Outcomes (Deadline: 15 September 2023)
- Innovative Strategies to Address Challenges of Online Teaching and Learning (Deadline: 15 September 2023)
- Online Communities and E-learning (Deadline: 30 September 2023)
- Application of New Technologies for Assessment in Higher Education (Deadline: 30 September 2023)
- Game-Based Learning and Gamification for Education—Series 2 (Deadline: 30 September 2023)
- Advancements in Online/Blended Learning and Teaching: Shifting towards the New Normal (Deadline: 1 October 2023)
- Is Online Technology the Hope in Uncertain Times for Higher Education? (Deadline: 1 October 2023)
- Game-Based Learning and Gamification for Higher Education and Adult Learning (Deadline: 15 October 2023)
- Theories and Practices of ChatGPT in Education (Deadline: 31 October 2023)
- Virtual and Augmented Reality in Education (Deadline: 1 November 2023)
- Technology-Enhanced Collaborative Learning (Deadline: 12 November 2023)
- Teaching and Learning with Virtual/Augmented Reality (Deadline: 26 November 2023)
- Advances in Technology-Enhanced Teaching and Learning (Deadline: 30 November 2023)
- New Online Technical Applications for Non-Face-to-Face Learning (Deadline: 30 November 2023)
- ChatGPT as Educative and Pedagogical Tool: Perspectives and Prospects (Deadline: 30 November 2023)
- Integrating Technology into K-12 Science Education (Deadline: 10 December 2023)
- Leadership and Management of Education in the Digital and Intelligent Era (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Technologically Enhanced Teaching Practices That Engage Student Learning (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Digital Learning: Exploring the Use of Educational Technology in Educational Environments (Deadline: 20 January 2024)
- New Intelligent Learning Systems, Digital Ecosystems: Architecture of Participation (Deadline: 30 January 2024)
- Educational Technology’s Influence in Higher Education Teaching and Learning—Series 2 (Deadline: 31 January 2024)
- Teaching and Learning in the Era of AI Conversation Chatbots: Opportunities and Challenges (Deadline: 15 March 2024)
- Advancing Educational Research on Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning (CSCL): Innovative Solutions for New Challenges (Deadline: 10 July 2024)