A section of Behavioral Sciences (ISSN 2076-328X).
Organizational Behavior is a cutting-edge Section of Behavioral Sciences that covers all aspects of people, structure, technology, and the external environment. Organizational behavior is a field of study that investigates the impact that individuals, groups, and structures have on behavior within organizations for the purpose of applying such knowledge towards improving organizational effectiveness. It is an interdisciplinary field that includes sociology, psychology, communication, and management. Organizational behavior is a dynamic and ever-changing field, as it must adapt to the constantly changing workforce. As such, it is an interesting and challenging area of research for those interested in understanding human behavior. By better understanding the dynamics of human behavior, researchers in this field can help organizations to run more smoothly and effectively.
The following areas will be a focus: the study of virtual teams; millennials in the workplace; the impact of social media on employee behavior; the role of emotional intelligence in effective leadership; how to motivate employees in the face of change; cross-cultural differences in team dynamics; and communication strategies for managing conflict. Other relevant topics are also welcome.
Studies published in this journal will require full ethical approval from an institutional-based ethics board.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Adaptability Resources, Future Work Selves, and Psychological Resilience: Systemic Determinants and Supports (Deadline: 30 September 2023)
- Neuroscience and Well-Being at Work: New Measurement Perspectives (Deadline: 15 October 2023)
- Understanding Nurses’ Behavior from the Bedside to the Boardroom: Challenges and Solutions (Deadline: 30 November 2023)
- Managing Organizational Behaviors for Sustainable Wellbeing at Work (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Rethinking Leadership Development: Contributes from Theory and Research (Deadline: 28 February 2024)
- The Dark Side of Leadership: Abusive Supervision Research at Team- or Cross-Level of Analysis (Deadline: 31 March 2024)
- Job-Related Stress, Burnout and Quality of Life (Deadline: 30 May 2024)
- Resilience in Organizational Systems (Deadline: 31 May 2024)