Special Issue "Review Collection on Humoral Immunity"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 20 February 2024 | Viewed by 80
Interests: immunology; immune homeostasis; immunotherapy; host-pathogen interaction
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
Special Issue in Vaccines: Vaccines and Vaccine Adjuvants/Immunomodulators for Infectious Diseases
Special Issue in Antibodies: Reviews on Antibodies and Antigens
Special Issue in Vaccines: Vaccines and Vaccine Adjuvants/Immunomodulators for Infectious Diseases 2.0
The “Humoral Immunity” Section is devoted to publishing major advancements related to the antibody response in a wide variety of host species under physiological, pathological, therapeutic, and vaccination conditions. The main topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Antibody response during infections, diseases, treatments, and vaccination;
- Identification and evaluation of biomarkers associated with antibody production and protection;
- Neutralizing antibodies against pathogens and toxins;
- Self-reactive autoantibodies;
- Structure and function of clinically relevant antibodies;
- Physiological antibody generation as well as maturation and related mechanisms, such as antigen presentation for B cell activation, cytokine production, germinal center formation, isotype switching, affinity maturation, and long-term memory generation;
- Mechanisms of and interference with antibody-mediated complement activation.
In particular, we welcome submissions exploring the use of cutting-edge technologies across disciplines to provide a comprehensive overview of the mechanisms of the humoral immune response during natural development, diseases, therapy, and vaccination.
Prof. Dr. Jagadeesh Bayry
Prof. Dr. Linqi Zhang
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Antibodies is an international peer-reviewed open access quarterly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1600 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.