Novel Antimicrobial Agents
A section of Antibiotics (ISSN 2079-6382).
Welcome to the Novel Antimicrobial Agents section. This section intends to cover and publish all aspects related to new antimicrobials. This section includes, but is not limited to, new antimicrobials, its modifications, new sources of antimicrobials, antimicrobial detection methods and alternative uses of antimicrobials, such as preservatives.
New uses or applications of common antimicrobials are welcome, as well as biological fight as the use of fagos or probiotic bacteria to control pathogenic bacterial populations everywhere, or even the use of new genomic tools to fight against pathogenic bacteria, including new mechanisms of antimicrobial action or mechanisms with effect against virulence factors of bacteria, as is the biofilm formation control.
Moreover, it welcomes reports on synergistic treatments which can increase the power of classical antimicrobials or enlarge the range of microorganisms covered. Likewise, the bacterial resistance development and resistance determinants to new compounds or the bacteria behavior regarding antimicrobial strategies are also in the scope of the section as well as the fight against multidrug resistant bacteria.
Finally, in the COVID-19 era, great attention is now being dedicated to the fight against viruses, particularly COVID-19, with new compounds or strategies to fight against the survival of these agents, or as therapeutic alternatives. This wide scope can attract a lot of new and exciting ideas for a better control of microorganisms in a densely populated world.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Synthesis of Novel Antimicrobial Agents (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Innovative and Nonconventional Antimicrobial Strategies Against Multi-Resistant Bacteria (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Antimicrobials Agents: Latest Advances and Prospects (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Microbial Natural Products as a Source of Novel Antimicrobials (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Molecular Methods in Antibiotics Discovery (Deadline: 15 January 2024)
- Discovery and Development of the Novel Antimicrobial Agent (Deadline: 20 January 2024)
- Novel Antimicrobial Agents: Design, Synthesis and Biological Evaluation (Deadline: 31 January 2024)
- Recent Advances in Antimicrobial Drug Discovery, 2nd Volume (Deadline: 31 January 2024)
- Novel Antimicrobial Agents to Inhibit Microbial Conglomerates (Deadline: 24 February 2024)
- Antimicrobial Resistance and Drug Design—a Themed Issue in Honor of Professor Kim Lewis (Deadline: 29 February 2024)
- Design and Synthesis of Antimicrobial Compounds (Deadline: 29 February 2024)
- Antimicrobial Resistance and Antimicrobial Activity of Natural Products and Derivatives (Deadline: 29 February 2024)
- New Methodologies of Antibiotic Therapy: Drug Design and Diagnostic Tools (Deadline: 29 February 2024)
- Advancing the Discovery and Development of New Antibiotics through Drug Repurposing (Deadline: 31 March 2024)
- Nanoparticles-Based Antimicrobials, 2nd Volume (Deadline: 31 March 2024)
- What’s New: Natural and Synthetic Antibacterials and/or Agents with Multiple Activities? 3rd Volume (Deadline: 31 March 2024)
- Alternative Approaches to Tackle Antibiotic Resistance in Tuberculosis (TB) (Deadline: 20 April 2024)
- Honey: A Sweet Solution to the Growing Problem of Antimicrobial Resistance, 2nd Volume (Deadline: 31 May 2024)
- Design and Discovery of New Antibacterial Agents: Past, Evolution, and Perspectives (Deadline: 1 June 2024)
- Antimicrobial Drug Discovery: New Theories and New Therapies (Deadline: 30 June 2024)
- Small Molecules in the Search of Novel Antimicrobials and Antifungals (Deadline: 31 December 2024)