Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
A section of Vaccines (ISSN 2076-393X).
Vaccine epidemiology concerns the interactions and effects of vaccines (and vaccination programs) on the occurrence of vaccine-preventable diseases.
There is increasing recognition that vaccines are proven lifesaving interventions, and application of epidemiological principles maximizes the benefits of this type of primary prevention.
Thus, manuscripts investigating the infectivity, vaccine efficacy and effectiveness, vaccine failure, herd immunity, herd effect, epidemiological transfer, and disease modeling of various epidemics will be considered for submission.
In addition, vaccine epidemiology considers the viewpoints of major stakeholders, including decision makers, immunization program managers, public health experts, pediatricians, family doctors, and other experts/individuals involved in the provision of immunization services and those who conduct research on awareness and behaviors surrounding vaccine epidemiology.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Vaccination and Virus Epidemic Control (Deadline: 30 June 2023)
- Immunobiology and Vaccination Strategies in Emerging Infectious Diseases (Deadline: 30 June 2023)
- Vaccine Hesitancy and Child Immunizations: Rationales, Issues and Knowledge Gaps for a Post-pandemic Future (2023) (Deadline: 15 July 2023)
- Diagnosis and Treatment for Infectious Diseases (Deadline: 30 July 2023)
- COVID-19 Disparities and Vaccine Equity (Deadline: 31 July 2023)
- Infectious Disease Epidemiology and Public Health (Deadline: 1 August 2023)
- Dynamics of Tumor-Immune System Immunotherapy, Chemotherapy, Tumor-Derived Vaccines, and Current Perspectives (Deadline: 30 August 2023)
- Emerging Viral Pathogens and Vaccine Access for Vulnerable Populations (Deadline: 31 August 2023)
- Epidemiology, Virology, and Prevention (Deadline: 31 August 2023)
- Epidemiology, Virology, and Prevention of Infectious Diseases in Human (Deadline: 31 August 2023)
- Monkeypox Vaccination in Non-endemic Countries: Considerations for Public Health and Policy (Deadline: 31 August 2023)
- Advanced Studies in Epidemiology and Statistical Modeling of COVID-19 and Other Infectious Diseases (Deadline: 31 August 2023)
- Immune Response of SARS-CoV-2 Infection (Deadline: 10 September 2023)
- Monkeypox Virus Transmission and Vaccines Development (Deadline: 20 September 2023)
- Vaccination and Its Role in the Prevention of COVID-19 Infection Risk in Workers (Deadline: 30 September 2023)
- COVID-19 and Dentistry: Knowledge and Attitude towards Infections, Immunity and Vaccination (Deadline: 30 September 2023)
- New Approaches in Vaccine Development for the Control of Vectors and Vector-Borne Diseases (Deadline: 30 September 2023)
- Monkeypox Virus Infection: Analysis and Detection (Deadline: 30 September 2023)
- SARS-CoV-2, Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses: Epidemiology, Burden of Disease, and Preventive Measures (Deadline: 30 September 2023)
- Compulsory Vaccination against COVID-19, Influenza and Monkeypox: Pros and Cons (Deadline: 30 September 2023)
- Human Vaccines and Vaccination for Influenza and COVID-19: Past, Present and Future (Deadline: 30 September 2023)
- Vaccine Acceptance and Effectiveness after Pandemic Era for Infectious Diseases Eradication (Deadline: 15 October 2023)
- COVID-19: Epidemiology and Transmission (Deadline: 30 November 2023)
- Future of Epidemic and Pandemic Vaccines to Serve Global Public Health Needs (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Recent Research on Epidemic Viruses (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Vaccination Strategies as We Face Another Year of the COVID-19 Pandemic (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Influence of Natural and/or Vaccine Immunity on the Dynamics of SARS-CoV-2 (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Epidemiology, Prevention Status, Community Response, Control and Side Effects of Infectious Diseases during the COVID-19 Pandemic (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Vaccine Epidemiology (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Feature Papers of Epidemiology and Vaccines 2023 (Deadline: 15 January 2024)
- Infectious Diseases: Importance for Public Health, Epidemiology, Promoting Factors, and Vaccines Prevention (Deadline: 28 February 2024)
- Infectious Diseases, Epidemiology and Vaccination (Deadline: 31 March 2024)
- Prevention and Control of Tick-Borne Diseases: Vaccine Development and Implementation (Deadline: 30 April 2024)