Special Issue "Grating-Based Sensors: Structures and Applications"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 20 February 2024 | Viewed by 61
2. Instituto de Telecomunicações, 3810-193 Aveiro, Portugal
Interests: optical fiber sensors; eHealth platforms; structural health monitoring; biosensing
Interests: optical fiber sensors; microstructured optical fibers; optofluidics; interferometers; physical and chemical sensing
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
Special Issue in Sensors: Photonic Sensing Technology in the Energy Sector
Special Issue in Sensors: Optical Sensors for Gas Monitoring
This Special Issue will focus on the current state of the art of grating-based optical sensors, covering recent technological improvements in new devices/sensors and emerging applications. Both original research papers and review articles describing the current state of the art in this research field are welcome. This Special Issue aims to provide an overview of the present status of the field and a future perspective of the aforementioned topics.
The manuscripts submitted should cover, but are not limited to, the following topics:
- Physical, chemical and environmental optical sensors;
- Polarimetric sensors;
- Nano- and micro-structured optical sensors;
- Micro-structured and other special optical fibers;
- Metal organic frameworks;
- Multiplexing and sensor networking;
- Distributed sensing;
- Advances in interrogation techniques for optical sensing;
- Smart structures and sensors;
- Sensors with advanced coatings (polymers, metals, metamaterials, among others);
- Bragg gratings, long period gratings;
- Fabry–Perot, Mach–Zehnder, and other interferometers;
- Surface plasmon resonance;
- Low-cost, miniaturized, selective and multiparameter optical devices;
- Energy efficient integrated sensing platforms;
- Integrated optics.
Dr. Paulo Antunes
Dr. Marta S. Ferreira
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Sensors is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2600 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- optical sensing
- integrated optics
- fiber optics