Antimicrobial Peptides: Expanded Activity Spectrum and Applications
A special issue of Pharmaceuticals (ISSN 1424-8247).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 May 2016) | Viewed by 75637
Interests: host defense antimicrobial peptides; structural bioinformatics; biomolecular NMR
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
Continued work on antimicrobial peptides, or innate immune peptides, has expanded their activity/function spectrum and opens new potential applications. Such activities are regularly annotated in the Antimicrobial Peptide Database (http://aps.unmc.edu/AP). To achieve a more comprehensive understanding of these activities, the journal Pharmaceuticals now invites valuable contributions that report original observations, or review these peptide activities. Select topics are listed below and you are welcome to generate a unique topic. This collection of manuscripts will be published as a Special Issue in the journal first and hopefully as an eBook later on. Investigators in the Antimicrobial Peptides AMP field or other related fields are encouraged to participate in this special event. Please email Dr. Guangshun Wang (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to make a contribution.
- Expanding the horizon of antimicrobial peptides
- Antibacterial peptides: targeting gram-positive bacteria
- Antimicrobial peptides against gram-negative bacteria
- Anti-biofilm peptides
- Antiviral antimicrobial peptides
- Antifungal peptides
- Antiparasitic and antimalarial peptides
- Anticancer peptides
- Insecticidal peptides
- Spermicidal peptides
- Chemotactic antimicrobial peptides in immune modulation
- AMPs in wound healing
- Antimicrobial peptides with antioxidant activity
- Protease inhibitors
- Cell-penetrating peptides
- Surface immobilization of AMPs
- Synergy between AMPs
- Synergistic effects of AMPs and traditional antibiotics
- LPS-neutralizing peptides
Dr. Guangshun Wang
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Pharmaceuticals is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2900 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Identification and Characterization of Antimicrobial Peptides with Therapeutic Potential in Pharmaceuticals (11 articles)
- Vitamin D and Its Analogues: New Insights on Biological Effects and Therapeutic Uses in International Journal of Molecular Sciences (17 articles)
- Microbial Biofilms in Pharmaceuticals (8 articles)