About Journal of Imaging
Journal of Imaging (ISSN 2313-433X) is an international, multi/interdisciplinary, open access, peer-reviewed journal which publishes reviews, original research papers, communications, case reports, letters, and short notes in all fields of imaging research. There is no restriction on the maximum length of the papers.
Our aim is to provide an advanced forum for studies on imaging covering image acquisition, processing and understanding. Techniques, procedures, methods, applications or advances in these areas are welcome. We encourage scientists and engineers working in any area related to, or using, imaging techniques to publish their theoretical and experimental results in as much detail as possible so that the experiments can be reproduced. For those open source software, you are welcomed to reveal the programme code and make datasets available, with explicit permission, which surely will make your papers more attractive. We could promote high visibility for this material in our web page. An appropriate citation will be required when third authors using or citing the open source software.
The Journal of Imaging welcomes research, experimental and review papers. The journal topics include but are not limited to, the following areas:
- Acquisition and formation:
- Cameras and video cameras
- Color perception
- Color, multispectral and hyperspectral imaging
- High dynamic range imaging
- Thermography, infrared imaging
- 3D imaging, radar and sonar imaging
- Computational imaging
- Computational photography
- Color, texture, and material appearance
- Artificial intelligence in imaging
- Quantum imaging
- Processing and analysis:
- Image enhancement, smoothing, filtering, fusion and compression
- Image segmentation and analysis, feature detection and extraction
- Image and video quality
- Artificial intelligence and image processing
- Quantum image processing
- Video and multimedia analysis
- Understanding and visualization:
- Image and video search, analysis and understanding
- Artificial intelligence in computer vision
- Data visualization
- Computer graphics and animation
- Virtual, augmented and extended reality
- Human-computer interaction
- Emerging domains and applications:
- Medical and biomedical image analysis and understanding
- Biometrics and forensics
- Neuroimaging and neuroinformatics
- Environmental monitoring
- Autonomous vehicles
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
MDPI is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use iThenticate to check submissions against previous publications.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
St. Alban-Anlage 66
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in J. Imaging will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). The copyright is retained by the author(s). MDPI will insert the following note at the end of the published text:
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free in the News & Announcements section of the journal. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is . For further MDPI contacts, see here.
Announcement and Advertisement
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free in the News & Announcements section of the journal. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is .Contact us
For further MDPI contacts, see here.