Healthcare Goes Digital: Mobile Health and Electronic Health Technology in the 21st Century
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 July 2024 | Viewed by 136
Interests: biomedical engineering; robotics; artificial intelligence; digital health; rehabilitation; smart technology; cybersecurity; mental health; animal-assisted therapy; social robotics; acceptance; diagnostic pathology and radiology; medical imaging; patient safety; healthcare quality; health assessment; chronic disease
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
After the success of the Special Issue The 10th Anniversary of Healthcare—TeleHealth and Digital Healthcare, I invite you to contribute to the Special Issue entitled: Healthcare Goes Digital: Mobile Health and Electronic Health Technology in the 21st Century.
In an era of rapid technological advancement, healthcare is experiencing a profound shift toward digital solutions, including the integration of artificial intelligence (AI) and conversational agents such as ChatGPT.
This Special Issue aims to:
- Explore the convergence of mobile health (mHealth), electronic health technology (eHealth) and AI in the 21st century, inviting contributions that delve into innovative applications, challenges and future prospects in these domains.
- To foster a comprehensive dialogue on the evolving landscape of digital healthcare, thanks to the eHealth and mHealth, recognizing also the role of AI and conversational agents such as ChatGPT. Researchers, practitioners and experts are encouraged to contribute their perspectives to shape the future of healthcare in the digital age.
Topics of interest:
- Mobile Health Applications: Assessing the impact of mobile apps on healthcare delivery.
- Wearable Health Technology: Exploring the role of wearables in monitoring and managing health.
- Telemedicine: Analyzing the evolution and effectiveness of telehealth services with an emphasis on AI integration.
- Electronic Health Records (EHRs): Examining the integration and implications of EHR systems with AI-driven analytics.
- Data Security and Privacy: Addressing concerns and solutions in the digital healthcare space, particularly in AI-driven applications.
- Patient Engagement: Investigating strategies to enhance patient involvement through digital platforms, including AI-driven chat interfaces.
- Emerging Technologies: Exploring the influence of AI, IoT and other emerging tech in healthcare, with a specific focus on ChatGPT and conversational AI.
Dr. Daniele Giansanti
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Healthcare is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2700 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.