Special Issue "Applications and Challenges in Sonar Signal Processing"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 25 February 2024 | Viewed by 1264
Interests: compressed sensing; adaptive signal processing; channel estimation and equalizer design
Interests: underwater acoustic communication and network; UWA channel estimation
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
Sonar signal processing plays a crucial role in various underwater applications, ranging from marine exploration and navigation to defense and environmental monitoring. This Special Issue aims to highlight the latest advancements, applications, and challenges in sonar signal processing techniques and methodologies.
The aim of this Special Issue of Electronics is to invite original research articles, review papers, and case studies that address the following topics:
- Sonar signal processing algorithms: Novel algorithms for sonar data acquisition, processing, and analysis, including beamforming, target detection, classification, imaging, tracking, communications, and localization;
- Advanced signal processing techniques: Innovative approaches in signal processing to enhance the performance of sonar systems, such as adaptive filtering, time–frequency analysis, compressive sensing, machine learning, and deep learning;
- Sonar applications in marine exploration: Studies showcasing the use of sonar signal processing in underwater mapping, underwater archaeological surveys, marine resource exploration, and underwater robotics;
- Sonar systems in defense and security: Contributions to sonar technologies for naval warfare, submarine detection and tracking, anti-submarine warfare, mine detection and classification, and underwater surveillance;
- Sonar signal processing for environmental monitoring: Research focusing on the application of sonar systems for assessing marine ecosystems, studying marine life, underwater noise analysis, and pollution detection in underwater environments;
- Challenges and future directions: Discussions on the emerging challenges, limitations, and future trends in sonar signal processing, including issues related to noise, interference, underwater communications, data fusion, and integration with other sensing modalities;
Researchers, engineers, and practitioners from academia, industry, and government institutions are encouraged to contribute to this Special Issue. The aim is to provide a comprehensive overview of the latest developments and applications in sonar signal processing and to address the key challenges in this field.
Submission guidelines and additional information will be available on the journal's website. We welcome high-quality submissions that present original research and contribute to the advancement of sonar signal processing techniques and their applications.
Technical Program Committee Members:
Name: Prof. Dr. Longyu Jiang
Affiliation: School of Computer Science and Engineering, Southeast University, Nanjing 211189, China
Research Interests: underwater acoustic signal and image processing; artificial intelligence and big data
Name: Dr. Lianyou Jing
Affiliation: Ocean Institute, Northwestern Polytechnical University, Xi'an 215400, China
Research Interests: underwater acoustic channel estimation; channel equalization; novel underwater acoustic communication methods; adaptive underwater acoustic communication
Dr. Feiyun Wu
Prof. Dr. Feng Tong
Prof. Dr. Yougan Chen
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Electronics is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2200 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- sonar signal processing
- underwater acoustics
- target detection
- target classification
- imaging sonar
- sonar tracking
- sonar localization
- adaptive filtering
- time-frequency analysis
- compressive sensing
- machine learning in sonar
- deep learning in sonar
- underwater mapping
- underwater archaeology
- marine resource exploration
- underwater robotics