Special Issue "Systems Science"
A special issue of Systems (ISSN 2079-8954).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (30 June 2021) | Viewed by 5259
2. Chair of the Systems Science Working Group at INCOSE, 7670 Opportunity Rd, Suite 220, San Diego, CA 92111-2222, USA
Interests: integration of systems science into industrial and systems engineering; engineering of organization cultures; systemology; engineering management; system architecture
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
Every year, the Systems Science Working Group (SSWG) convenes at the INCOSE International Workshop and INCOSE International Symposium, where everyone with an interest in exploring, learning, and/or sharing their knowledge of how to integrate systems science into systems engineering practice convene. What makes contributions in this area fundamental to systems engineering and systems science is that systems engineering is informed by systems science while systems engineering validates and verifies the claims and practice recommendations of systems science knowledge. In other words, systems engineers are the systems science experimentalists.
This Special Issue aims at identifying and enhancing:
- Systemic definitions, concepts, principles, laws, and models that are scientifically meaningful and are general enough for systems engineering and systems science.
- Foundational terminology to enable more efficient collaboration between systems scientists and systems engineers.
- A structured set of scientific principles that can guide judgement making and action taking in systems engineering practice.
- A set of archetypes, prototypical systems processes, linkage propositions, and pathologies to enhance engineering methods and activities.
- Models to help us verify and validate our designs by mapping the logical coherence between theories and nature.
Dr. Javier Calvo-Amodio
Dr. James Martin
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Systems is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2400 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- systems science
- systemic definitions
- fundamental contributions to systems engineering
- decision making in systems engineering