Special Issue "10th Anniversary Special Issue "PUBMET2023 Conference on Scholarly Communication in the Context of Open Science""
A special issue of Publications (ISSN 2304-6775).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 3 March 2024 | Viewed by 482
Interests: peer review; open science; scholarly publishing
Interests: scientific communication and information literacy; user-centred system design; information search systems
We are celebrating the 10th anniversary of the PUBMET conference and the 10th anniversary of the Publications journal. To mark these two significant anniversaries, we are organizing this Special Issue to share research findings, best practices, and experiences in implementing open science.
PUBMET2023—The 10th Conference on Scholarly Communication in the Context of Open Science will be held from 13 to 15 September 2023 at the University of Zadar, Croatia. It will once again bring together researchers, information and communication specialists, librarians, editors, publishers, teachers, students, research funders, policymakers, repository managers, and other stakeholders involved in scholarly communication to discuss the current changes, developments, and advancements in scholarly communication from the perspective of open science.
We are very pleased to continue our collaboration with Publications, following last year’s successful PUBMET2022 Special Issue.
This year, we accept submissions covering the following topics:
- The brave "new" world of institutional publishing—open access publishing affordability for authors/institutions and service providers;
- The growing importance of libraries in the open access and open science era;
- Research efficiency, effectiveness, and performance in the light of the reform of research assessment;
- Open peer review: models and benefits;
- Power of preprints—changing the publishing landscape;
- Responsibility, ethics, and inclusiveness in research and publishing;
- Truth and misconceptions in scholarly communication;
- Role of open science infrastructure in promoting open science;
- FAIR principles and digital objects;
- Artificial intelligence in scholarly communication;
- Training, education, awareness raising, and building capacity for open science;
- Environmental awareness and sustainability in scholarly communication.
You are cordially invited to submit your full paper to contribute to this special celebratory issue. All manuscripts will undergo an independent peer review process. Please see the details below.
We look forward to receiving your submissions and seeing you at the PUBMET2023 conference in the beautiful city of Zadar!
Iva Grabarić Andonovski
Dr. Nikolina Peša Pavlović
Dr. Jadranka Stojanovski
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts can be submitted until 30 November 2023.
Submitted manuscripts (research articles, review articles, and short communications) should not have been published previously nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere. All manuscripts are thoroughly evaluated through a single-blind peer review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for the submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as they are accepted) and will be listed on the Special Issue website.
The article processing charge (APC) for publication in the PUBMET2023 Special Issue will be fully waived after editorial approval. Submitted papers should be well-formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- open access publishing and service providers
- open science infrastructure
- research efficiency and assessment
- preprints and preprint servers
- open peer review
- responsibility, ethics, and inclusiveness in science
- FAIR principles and digital objects
- artificial intelligence in scholarly communication
- environmental awareness and sustainability in scholarly communication