Special Issue "Advances in SoCs and Embedded Systems"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 15 January 2024 | Viewed by 56
Interests: low-power and low-voltage design for sensor interface; mixed-signal wireless; AI integrated circuit
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
Interests: ASIC design of power management unit; robotics; Artificial Intelligence; energy-harvesting applications
We are pleased to announce a call for papers for a Special Issue on "Advances in SoCs and Embedded Systems" in Electronics. This Special Issue aims to provide a platform for researchers, engineers, and practitioners to present their latest research findings, innovations, and advancements in the field of SoCs (System-on-Chip) and embedded systems. We invite original, high-quality submissions that explore various aspects of SoCs and embedded systems, including, but not limited to, the following topics:
- Wireless Communication Systems:
- Next-generation wireless communication protocols and technologies;
- Wireless sensor networks;
- Cognitive radio networks;
- 5G and beyond systems;
- IoT connectivity and wireless networking.
- Security protocols and algorithms for embedded systems;
- Threat modeling and vulnerability analysis;
- Hardware and software security solutions;
- Secure communication and encryption;
- Secure boot and firmware protection.
- IIoT architectures and frameworks;
- IIoT data analytics and visualization;
- Industrial automation and control systems;
- Edge computing for IIoT;
- IIoT applications in manufacturing, healthcare, transportation, etc.
- Advanced circuit design techniques;
- Low-power and energy-efficient designs;
- High-speed and high-performance circuits;
- Mixed-signal and analog circuit design;
- Design methodologies and tools.
- RISC-V processor design and optimization;
- RISC-V-based embedded systems;
- RISC-V tools and software development;
- RISC-V extensions and customizations;
- RISC-V in IoT and edge computing.
While the above topics are of particular interest, we also welcome submissions on any other relevant topic related to SoCs and embedded systems. We encourage submissions that address practical challenges, propose novel solutions, and demonstrate the potential impact of SoCs and embedded systems in various domains. Both theoretical and experimental studies are welcome.
Dr. Teo Tee Hui
Dr. Kok Chiang Liang
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Electronics is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2200 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- wireless communication
- Industry Internet of Things (IIoT)
- embedded systems
- System-on-Chip (SoC) design
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) in embedded systems
- edge computing
- real-time systems
- cloud computing