Clinical Laboratory Medicine
A section of Diagnostics (ISSN 2075-4418).
Laboratory testing plays a vital role in healthcare, affecting approximately 80% of medical decisions. The results can majorly impact diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment monitoring if the significance of the results can be established. However, it is often difficult to interpret test results for an individual patient due to inadequate evaluation and missing clinical studies, making medical decisions subjective and highly variable. Translational research has produced many promising and innovative analytical techniques that have yet to reach the clinical stage.
The Clinical Laboratory Medicine section of Diagnostics aims to advance preclinical and clinical research on these topics. Submissions may be either translational or clinical in nature, focusing on innovative or established laboratory tests used for diagnostic, prognostic, and monitoring purposes. All analytical techniques and medical specialties are welcome. We are particularly interested in the following topics:
- Clinical needs.
- Technical and analytical performance.
- Biological variation and clinical factors affecting laboratory tests.
- Interpretability of test results and distribution among healthy individuals.
- Diagnostic accuracy.
- Prognostic significance/risk factors.
- Post-analytical factors and data-processing.
- Research methods for evaluating laboratory tests or diagnostic instruments.
- Statistical data analysis.
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning approaches.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Advances in the Prevention, Diagnosis, and Management of Liver Diseases (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Measurements and Standards for Cancer Biomarkers in Clinical Testing (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Editorial Board Members' Collection Series: The Critical Role of Clinical Laboratory for Disease Diagnosis (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Highlights in Swiss Laboratory Medicine 2023 (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- A Useful Diagnostic Method: Blood Test (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Advances in Laboratory Medicine (Deadline: 31 January 2024)
- Hematology and Thrombotic Disorders: State-of-the-Art Diagnostics and New Perspectives (Deadline: 31 January 2024)
- The Biomarkers in Thyroid Disease (Deadline: 31 January 2024)
- Highlights of Molecular Laboratory Diagnostics in South Africa (Deadline: 31 January 2024)
- ICU Disease Diagnosis (Deadline: 31 January 2024)
- Advanced Diagnostics in Dermatology (Deadline: 29 February 2024)
- Advancements in Hematopathology Diagnostic Techniques (Deadline: 29 February 2024)
- Hematology: Diagnosis and Management (Deadline: 31 March 2024)
- Recent Advances in Laboratory Cytology Diagnosis (Deadline: 30 April 2024)
- Laboratory Diagnosis of Tuberculosis (Deadline: 31 May 2024)
- Advances in Diagnostic Pathology (Deadline: 1 June 2024)
- Improvement of Diagnostic Sensitivity for Tumor Markers (Deadline: 16 June 2024)
- Exploring the Role of Diagnostic Biochemistry (Deadline: 30 June 2024)
- Recent Advances in Clinical Laboratory Immunology (Deadline: 30 June 2024)
- Screening for Fetal and Maternal Diseases Using Molecular Biochemical and Biophysical Markers (Deadline: 30 September 2024)
- Laboratory Diagnosis of Infectious Diseases (Deadline: 30 September 2024)
- Diagnostic Applications of Nuclear-Magnetic-Resonance-Based Metabolomics (Deadline: 31 December 2024)