Corrosion and Anticorrosion of Alloys/Metals: The Important Global Issue
Conflicts of Interest
- Report ILZSG. World Directory of Continuous Galvanizing Lines; ILZSG: New York, NY, USA, 2017. [Google Scholar]
- Koch, G.; Varney, J.; Thompson, N.; Moghissi, O.; Gould, M.; Payer, J. International Measures of Prevention Application and Economics of Corrosion Technologies Study; NACE International: Houston, TX, USA, 2008. [Google Scholar]
- Koch, G. Cost of corrosion. In Woodhead Publishing Series in Energy, Trends in Oil and Gas Corrosion Research and Technologies; Woodhead Publishing: Cambridge, UK, 2017; pp. 3–30. [Google Scholar]
- Smith, L.M.; Tinklenburg, G.R. Lead-Coaining Paint Removal, Containment, and Disposal; Report No. FHWA-RD-94-100; Federal Highway Administration, Offices of Research and Development: Washington, DC, USA, 1995; pp. 109–124. [Google Scholar]
- Dwivedi, D.; Lepkova, K.; Becker, T. Carbon steel corrosion: A review of key surface properties and characterization methods. RSC Adv. 2017, 7, 4580–4610. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef][Green Version]
- Lide, D.R. (Ed.) CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics, 90th ed.; Taylor and Francis Group LLC.: Boca Raton, FL, USA, 2010. [Google Scholar]
- Zhang, X.G. Corrosion and Electrochemistry of Zinc; Springer: New York, NY, USA, 2013. [Google Scholar]
- Porter, F. Corrosion Resistance of Zinc and Zinc Alloys, 1st ed.; Taylor & Francis Inc.: Oxfordshire, UK, 1994. [Google Scholar]
- Kania, H.; Liberski, P. The Structure and Growth Kinetics of Zinc Coatings on Link Chains Produced of the 23MnNiCrMo5-2 Steel. Solid State Phenom. 2014, 212, 145–150. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Jędrzejczyk, D. Effect of High Temperature Oxidation on Structure and Corrosion Resistance of the Zinc Coating Deposited on Cast Iron. Arch. Met. Mater. 2012, 57, 145–154. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Suliga, M.; Wartacz, R.; Hawryluk, M.; Kostrzewa, J. The Effect of Drawing in Conventional and Hydrodynamic Dies on Structure and Corrosion Resistance of Hot-Dip Galvanized Zinc Coatings on Medium-Carbon Steel Wire. Materials 2022, 15, 6728. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Sokólski, W. The role of zinc in steel corrosion protection—Application overview. Ochr. Przed. Koroz. 2020, 8, 258–261. [Google Scholar]
- ISO 14713-1:2017; Zinc Coatings—Guidelines and Recommendations for the Protection against Corrosion of Iron and Steel in Structures—Part 1: General Principles of Design and Corrosion Resistance. ISO: Geneva, Switzerland, 2017.
- Milewski, W. Metal and metal-paint coatings. Nowocz. Hale 2012, 1, 92–94. [Google Scholar]
- Lead and Zinc Study Group (ILZSG). Available online: https://www.ilzsg.org/static/statistics.aspx (accessed on 27 November 2022).
- European General Galvanizers Association (EGGA). Statistical Report 2019; EGGA: Sutton Coldfield, UK, 2020. [Google Scholar]
- Cook, M. Securing the future of galvanizing at the European level. In Proceedings of the 18th Hot-Dip Galvanizing Conference, Senec, Slovakia, 9–11 October 2012; pp. 5–13. [Google Scholar]
- American Galvanizers Association (AGA). Available online: https://galvanizeit.org/about-aga/industry/industry-stats (accessed on 28 November 2020).
- van Leeuwen, M. Recent developments in the global zinc and HDG markets. In Proceedings of the 25th Hot Dip Galvanizing Conference. České Budějovice, Czech Republic, 2–4 October 2019; pp. 23–29. [Google Scholar]
- Tape “Sędzimir”. Iron Sheet Galvanized in Roofing Tapes; Silesian Zinc Industry Sp. AKC: Katowice-Kostuchna, Poland, 1937.
- Garside, M. Global Zinc Reserves by Country 2020. 18 February 2021. Available online: https://www.statista.com/statistics/273639/global-zinc-reserves-by-country/ (accessed on 29 August 2021).
- Goodwin, F.E. GALFAN Galvanizing Alloy & Technology; ILZRO Inc.: Durham, NC, USA, 1984. [Google Scholar]
- Roman, M.P. GALFAN Galvanizing; ILZRO Inc.: Durham, NC, USA, 1988. [Google Scholar]
- Bonaretti, A.; Capoccia, A.; Giardetti, G.; Mucchino, D. Process and use properties of Lavegal. In Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Zinc Coated Steel Sheet, Rome, Italy, 9–10 June 1988. SC6/1–13. [Google Scholar]
- Zhang, X.; Leygraf, C.; Wallinder, I.O. Atmospheric corrosion of Galfan coatings on steel in chloride-rich environments. Corros. Sci. 2013, 73, 62–71. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef][Green Version]
- Tanaka, S.; Honda, K.; Takahashi, A.; Morimoto, Y.; Kurosaki, M.; Shindo, H.; Nishimura, K.; Sugiyama, M. The performance of Zn-Al-Mg-Si hot-dip galvanized steel sheet. In Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Zinc and Zinc Alloy Coated Steel, GALVATECH’ 2001, Brussels, Belgium, 26–28 June 2001; pp. 153–160. [Google Scholar]
- Tsujimura, T.; Komatsu, A.; Andoh, A. Influence of Mg content in coating layer and coating structure on corrosion resistance of hot-dip Zn-Al-Mg alloy coated steel sheet. In Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Zinc and Zinc Alloy Coated Steel, GALVATECH’2001, Brussels, Belgium, 26–28 June 2001; pp. 145–152. [Google Scholar]
- Volt, M.; Bleeker, R.; Maalman, T.; van Perlstein, E. MagiZincTM: A New Generation of Hot-Dip Galvanized Products. In Proceedings of the Galvanized Steel Sheet Forum, ILZRO and IZA, Duesseldorf, Germany, 30–31 May 2006; pp. 13–24. [Google Scholar]
- Arcellor Mittal, Magnelis. Innowacyjna Powłoka Metaliczna Gwarantująca Ochronę w Najsurowszych Warunkach. Available online: http://industry.arcelormittal.com/repository%20/fce/Brochures/Magnelis_brochure_PL.pdf (accessed on 19 February 2015).
- Shimoda, N.; Ueda, K.; Kubo, Y. Corrosion Resistance of Several Zn-Al-Mg Alloy Coated Steels. Technical Report No. 108. Nippon. Steel Sumitomo Met. Tech. Rep. 2015, 108, 60–63. [Google Scholar]
- Zhang, Z.; Zhang, J.; Zhao, X.; Cheng, X.; Jiang, S.; Zhang, Q. Effects of Al-Mg on the Microstructure and Phase Distribution of Zn-Al-Mg Coatings. Metals 2023, 13, 46. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Ghatei-Kalashami, A.; Khan, M.S.; Lee, M.-Y.; Zhou, Y.N. High-temperature phase evolution of the ZnAlMg coating and its effect on mit-igating liquid-metal-embrittlement cracking. Acta Mater. 2022, 229, 117836. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Said, V.H.; Haakmann, F.; Brinkbäumer, J.; Ulbricht, M. Comparison of the nucleation and growth of a phosphate conversion coating on ZnAl and ZnAlMg coatings under the influence of a corrosion inhibitor film. Surf. Coat. Technol. 2022, 451, 129044. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Du, A.; Huo, Y.; Hu, J. Study of Fluxing Process for Hot Dipping Galfan Alloy on Steel Wire. Adv. Mater. Res. 2012, 433–440, 111–115. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Manna, M. Effect of Fluxing Chemical: An Option for Zn-5wt.%Al Alloy Coating on Wire Surface by Single Hot Dip Process. Surf. Coatings Technol. 2011, 205, 3716–3721. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Kim, K.-Y.; Grandhi, S.; Oh, M.-S. Improving the Coatability of Zn–Mg–Al Alloy on Steel Substrate by the Surface Pretreatment of SnCl2-Added Zinc Ammonium Chloride. Appl. Sci. 2023, 13, 950. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Kania, H. Structure Shaping and Corrosion Resistance of Zn-Al Coatings Obtained in Hot Dip Metalization; Silesian University of Technology: Gliwice, Poland, 2017. [Google Scholar]
- Gao, L.; Li, Z.; Kuang, X.; Yin, F.; Ji, H. Formation of periodic layered structure during hot-dip galvanizing in Al-Zn-Mg bath. Surf. Coat. Technol. 2016, 304, 306–315. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef][Green Version]
- Kania, H. Structure and Corrosion Resistance of Coatings Obtained by the Batch Double Hot Dip Method in Eutectoid ZnAl Bath with the Addition of Mg and Si. Coatings 2022, 12, 1207. [Google Scholar] [CrossRef]
- Marek, A. Hot Dip Zn-5Al Coatings with Improved Corrosion Resistance of Reinforcement Steel. Metalurgija 2022, 2, 389–391. Available online: https://hrcak.srce.hr/265930 (accessed on 27 December 2022).
Disclaimer/Publisher’s Note: The statements, opinions and data contained in all publications are solely those of the individual author(s) and contributor(s) and not of MDPI and/or the editor(s). MDPI and/or the editor(s) disclaim responsibility for any injury to people or property resulting from any ideas, methods, instructions or products referred to in the content.
© 2023 by the author. Licensee MDPI, Basel, Switzerland. This article is an open access article distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).
Kania, H. Corrosion and Anticorrosion of Alloys/Metals: The Important Global Issue. Coatings 2023, 13, 216. https://doi.org/10.3390/coatings13020216
Kania H. Corrosion and Anticorrosion of Alloys/Metals: The Important Global Issue. Coatings. 2023; 13(2):216. https://doi.org/10.3390/coatings13020216Chicago/Turabian Style
Kania, Henryk. 2023. "Corrosion and Anticorrosion of Alloys/Metals: The Important Global Issue" Coatings 13, no. 2: 216. https://doi.org/10.3390/coatings13020216