Topic Menu► ▼ Topic Menu
2. National Centre for International Research on Green Metal Mining (CIRGM), Beijing 102628, China
Green Low-Carbon Technology for Metalliferous Minerals
Metalliferous minerals play a central role in the global economy. They will continue to provide the raw materials we need for industrial processes. Significant challenges will likely emerge if the climate-driven green and low-carbon development transition of metalliferous minerals exploitation is not managed responsibly and sustainably.
Prof. Guo of BGRIMM was the first to propose a new development concept for green low-carbon mining. Green low-carbon technology is vital to promoting the development of metalliferous mineral resources shifting from extensive destructive mining to clean and energy-saving mining in future decades. Global mining scientists and engineers have conducted a great deal of research in related fields such as green mining, clean mining, ecological mining, energy-saving mining, and mining solid waste recycling, and have achieved many innovative progresses and achievements.
This Topic intends to collect the latest developments in green low-carbon mining, written by well-known researchers who have contributed to the innovation of new technologies, process optimization methods, or energy-saving techniques in metalliferous mineral development.
Topics addressed may include, but are not limited to:
- Green low-carbon technologies and systems;
- Green low-carbon mining optimization method;
- Innovation in low-carbon construction technologies;
- Utilization of mine waste in civil construction;
- Frontiers in mining with backfill;
- Reclamation and rehabilitation of mine sites;
- Mine waste and heat management;
- Geomechanical behavior of mine backfill;
- Energy-saving techniques in mining;
- Recovery and environmental assessment of mine waste;
- Alternative by-product materials for green mining;
- Green low-carbon development criteria of mining;
- Case studies of green low-carbon mining.
Prof. Dr. Lijie Guo
Prof. Dr. Tingting Zhang
- metalliferous minerals
- green mining
- low-carbon mining
- energy-saving mining
- mine backfill
- mine waste management
- geomechanical behavior
- alternative materials
|Journal Name||Impact Factor||CiteScore||Launched Year||First Decision (median)||APC|
|3.252||5.0||2008||15.5 Days||2200 CHF||Submit|
|2.695||3.8||2011||16.9 Days||2000 CHF||Submit|
|2.818||3.7||2011||16.2 Days||2000 CHF||Submit|
|3.352||3.5||2013||12.7 Days||2000 CHF||Submit|
|3.889||5.0||2009||17.7 Days||2200 CHF||Submit|
Preprints is a platform dedicated to making early versions of research outputs permanently available and citable. MDPI journals allow posting on preprint servers such as Preprints.org prior to publication. For more details about reprints, please visit https://www.preprints.org.