Special Issue "The Effect of COVID-19 Vaccine Acceptance, Intention, and/or Hesitancy and Its Association with Our Health and/or Important Areas of Functioning"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 December 2023 | Viewed by 12755
Interests: mental health; psychopathology; psychometrics; interventions; COVID-19 issues
2. Biostatistics Consulting Center, National Cheng Kung University Hospital, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
3. Department of Occupational Therapy, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
4. Department of Public Health, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
Interests: patient-reported outcomes; childhood adversity and mental health in children/adolescents; therapeutic effects on people with mental illness; psychometric testing
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
Special Issue in International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health: Second Edition of Stigma, Health and Wellbeing
Special Issue in Healthcare: The Correlates of Technology-Based Addictive Behaviors and Their Impacts on Wellbeing
Special Issue in International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health: 3rd Edition of Stigma, Health and Wellbeing
The novel coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) continues to have a global impact, despite worldwide efforts to control infection rates with an intense vaccination drive. The vaccination program has not been completely successful due to various perceptions or reservations associated with COVID-19 vaccines. As hopes of opening up our environment/community rested on a greater percentage of the population getting vaccinated (i.e., herd immunity), vaccination hesitancy may impede important areas of functioning, including social and occupational activities, with resulting impacts on mental and physical health.
This Special Issue aims to collect original research articles or reviews that examine the effect of COVID-19 vaccine acceptance, intention, and/or hesitancy and its association with our health and/or important areas of functioning.
For this Special Issue, original research articles and reviews are welcome. Research areas may include (but are not limited to) the following:
- COVID-19 vaccine acceptance, intention, and/or hesitancy and its association with other COVID-19-related variables (e.g., COVID-19 stress, fear of COVID-19, perceived stigma from COVID-19, self-stigma from COVID-19, and believing COVID-19 information).
- COVID-19 vaccine acceptance, intention, and/or hesitancy and its association with social, school and/or occupational functioning.
- COVID-19 vaccine acceptance, intention, and/or hesitancy and its association with health (e.g., mental health and physical health).
- COVID-19 vaccine acceptance, intention, and/or hesitancy and its association with other vaccine acceptance, intention, and/or hesitancy.
We look forward to receiving your contributions.
Dr. Daniel Kwasi Ahorsu
Dr. Chung-Ying Lin
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Vaccines is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2700 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.