Vaccine Efficacy and Safety
A section of Vaccines (ISSN 2076-393X).
The Vaccine Efficacy and Safety section aims to examine the features and attributes of how vaccination protects people against infection, symptomatic illness, hospitalization, and death.
Vaccines are among the most effective, safe, and cost-effective means to train the body’s immune system to fight a disease it has never been exposed to. Vaccines are designed to prevent disease, rather than treat them. Vaccination programs have increased health by achieving high levels of individual and community protection. However, limited knowledge and misperceptions of vaccine effectiveness and safety are sometimes associated with vaccine hesitancy or delay in the acceptance or refusal of vaccinations despite the availability of vaccination services.
The manuscripts considered for submission to this section include those about the following or related themes: vaccine efficacy and safety; studies assessing vaccine efficacy and safety; methods for assessing vaccine efficacy and safety; effectiveness of vaccination programs; knowledge and perception of vaccine efficacy, vaccine safety monitoring; and communication of vaccine effectiveness and safety.
- vaccine efficacy
- vaccine effectiveness
- vaccine safety
- evaluative studies
- clinical trials
- post-marketing studies
- vaccine safety research
- monitoring systems
- communication strategies
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Safety and Immunogenicity of Malaria Vaccines (Deadline: 10 October 2023)
- Evaluation of Vaccine Efficacy, Safety and Immunogenicity against Influenza and COVID-19 (Deadline: 31 October 2023)
- Vaccines Safety during Emerging Infections and Issues of Special Populations and Minority Groups (Deadline: 31 October 2023)
- Research in Vaccine Epidemiology: Immunogenicity, Effectiveness, and Safety (Deadline: 28 November 2023)
- Impact of Obesity and Metabolic Diseases on Immunity and Vaccination (Deadline: 30 November 2023)
- Safety, Efficacy and Optimization of the COVID-19 Vaccines (Deadline: 30 November 2023)
- Safety and Effectiveness of COVID-19 Vaccines on COVID-19 Infection and Its Long-Term Consequences (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Vaccination Related Adverse Reaction (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Oral Delivery and Related ADME Studies of Vaccines (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Safety and Immunogenicity of the COVID-19 Vaccine (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Vaccine Efficacy, Impact, Hesitancy and Acceptance: Trends for Public Health (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Safety and Efficacy of the SARS-CoV-2 Vaccine in Cancer Patients (Deadline: 1 January 2024)
- Efficacy, Immunogenicity and Safety of COVID-19 Vaccines and COVID-19 Vaccination Strategies (Deadline: 31 January 2024)
- COVID-19 Vaccine-Associated Autoimmune Diseases and Disorders (Deadline: 30 April 2024)
- Defining the Nature of Neurological Complications After COVID-19 Vaccines (Deadline: 30 April 2024)
- Vaccine Efficacy and Safety in Patients with Immune-Mediated Intestinal Diseases (Deadline: 31 May 2024)
- Vaccine Efficacy and Safety in People with Kidney Diseases/Kidney Transplant Recipients (Deadline: 30 June 2024)
Following topical collection within this section is currently open for submissions: