Special Issue "Biogenic Waste: Treatment, Reuse and Recycle"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 18 December 2023 | Viewed by 1648
Interests: bioenergy/biofuels; low-carbon technology; waste valorization; life cycle assessment
The Special Issue "Biogenic Waste: Treatment, Reuse and Recycle" in the journal Sustainability focuses on the latest research and developments in the field of biogenic waste management and valorization. Biogenic waste covers the variety of organic waste generated all over the world, namely, municipal waste, agricultural waste, and forest and wood biomass residues. Currently, an astounding amount of biogenic waste is being generated all over the world, which is responsible for a high quantity of greenhouse gas release along with an eco-toxic impact on the environment. This large amount of waste can be turned into useful resources by employing the appropriate processing technology with a minimal impact on the environment.
The aim of this Special Issue is to provide a comprehensive understanding of the various treatment, reuse and recycle options for biogenic waste, including both technical and economic aspects. In this Special Issue, original research articles and reviews are welcome. Research areas may include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Biomethanation and other anaerobic digestion techniques for biogenic waste treatment;
- Composting, vermicomposting, and other aerobic treatment methods;
- Biogenic waste reuse in agriculture and horticulture;
- Circular agricultural approach in residues management;
- Anaerobic digestion-based circular economy;
- System scale analysis of biogenic waste collection and processing chain;
- Biogenic waste recycling in energy and material production;
- Advanced thermal treatments such as hydrothermal treatment, pyrolysis, and gasification;
- Life cycle assessment of biogenic waste management options;
- Legal and regulatory aspects of biogenic waste management;
- Sensors and modelling in waste management and renewable energy;
- Economic and social aspects of biogenic waste management.
I/We look forward to receiving your contributions.
Dr. Kawnish Kirtania
Prof. Dr. Chayan K. Saha
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Sustainability is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2400 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- biogenic waste
- environmental impact
- waste to energy
- waste management
- waste recycle
- waste supply chain
- integrated residue management
- circularity in waste management