Special Issue "Exploring New Ways to Address Early School Leaving"
A special issue of Social Sciences (ISSN 2076-0760).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 15 February 2024 | Viewed by 1908
Interests: pedagogy; gender studies; early school leaving; gamification
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
We are calling for submissions of articles for the monograph "Exploring New Ways to Address Early School Leaving". The aim of this monograph is to explore new ways to tackle early school leaving and the associated strategies. We are looking for research articles that address early school leaving from theoretical and/or empirical perspectives, including prevention, impact and mitigation of early school leaving.
We are expecting articles that address topics such as:
- Research on risk factors associated with early school leaving;
- Research on the social, economic and educational effects of early school leaving;
- Research on new theoretical frameworks to explore early school leaving;
- Research on new methodological approaches to tackle early school leaving;
- Research on the implementation of new strategies to address early school leaving;
- Research on the evaluation of programs to prevent early school leaving;
- Research on tracking and data collection tools to facilitate analysis of early school leaving prevention;
- Research on educational policies that may contribute to the reduction of early school leaving, with a particular emphasis on lifelong learning policies across different national contexts;
- Case studies on successful programs to address early school leaving.
Articles must be original, unpublished, and not submitted to another site for publication. Both empirical and theoretical research will be equally welcome. Conceptual articles will also be accepted. Authors from different nationalities and contexts are invited to participate, as it is intended that through this monograph, a map will be developed to show different approaches to the phenomenon, with a particular emphasis on national policies that are currently being developed. Articles will be reviewed by experts in the field, and those accepted for publication will be published in the monograph.
Dr. Laura M. Guerrero Puerta
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a double-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Social Sciences is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1400 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.