The Nexus of Financial Stability and Financial Access: The Role of Financial Infrastructure
A special issue of Risks (ISSN 2227-9091).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (30 July 2021) | Viewed by 10686
Interests: banking risk; systemic risk; household finance; financial system; financial regulation
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
Recent contributions to systemic risk literature highlight that greater financial inclusion has both positive and negative consequences on financial stability, but the empirical literature is still limited. The purpose of this Special Issue is to provide a framework that permits one to assess the interplay between financial inclusion, financial stability, and financial infrastructure, and aims to compile high-quality papers that offer a discussion of the state-of-the-art or introduce new theoretical or practical developments related to identifying the channels that could shape the impact of financial inclusion on stability and the possible particularities of the relationship.
We welcome papers related but not limited to the following topics:
- The impact of financial inclusion on banks’ risk taking (a microprudential perspective);
- The influence of financial inclusion on banks’ contribution to systemic risk (a macroprudential perspective);
- The channels that could shape the relationship between financial inclusion and banking sector stability;
- The effects of financial crises on the financial infrastructure from an access-to-finance perspective;
- The repercussion of the financial crises on access to finance, both at the household and firm level;
- The financial infrastructure and competition level across European financial systems; the nexus of competition on the access to finance;
- The effects of regulatory changes on access to finance.
Prof. Alin Marius Andrieş
Prof. Dr. Simona Nistor
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Risks is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1800 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- financial crises
- banks’ risk taking
- systemic risk
- macroprudential policies
- access to finance
- financial infrastructure
- microprudential regulation