Special Issue "Remote Sensing and Associated Artificial Intelligence in Agricultural Applications"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 30 June 2024 | Viewed by 11107
Interests: remote sensing; spatial analysis and landscape planning; GIS; digital photogrammetry; precision farming; lidar
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
Special Issue in Land: Geomatics for Resource Monitoring and Management
Special Issue in Agronomy: Spatially-Based Services and Applications in Precision Farming: From Data to Field Information
Special Issue in Remote Sensing: Geomatics and Natural Hazards
Special Issue in Agronomy: Editorial Board Members’ Collection Series: From Data to Field — towards the Standardization of Processes, Products, and Services in Remote Sensing
Interests: remote sensing; GIS, agriculture; CAP; Sentinel-2; crop classification
Interests: remote sensing; forestry; SAR; photogrammetry; interferometry
Interests: Remote Sensing; GIS; Forestry & Environmental Sciences; Google Earth Engine; Photogrammetry; Drones; Ecology; Agriculture; LST; Climate change; Geostatistics; R; SAGA GIS; Land Cover; Change detection
This Special Issue on “Remote Sensing and Associated Artificial Intelligence in Agricultural Applications” aims to assemble high-level contributions providing an exhaustive overview of the ongoing geomatics and remote-sensing-related techniques making use of artificial intelligence to support agricultural applications.
The following topics are strongly encouraged:
- Research experiences relating to the potentialities and limits of AI in supporting remote-sensing-based applications in agricultural and forest contexts. Special focus is placed on the comparison between AI-based and traditional approaches is highly desirable, with the aim of pointing out whether, when and where AI can be successfully and undoubtedly used in place of more ordinary and explicit approaches.
- AI for data integration aimed at maximizing the exploitation of spatial, temporal, and spectral features of sensors from different platforms with special concern about scalable approaches relying of the adoption of RPAS, aerial and satellite datasets.
- AI for supporting remote-sensing-based services in agriculture and its relationship with data integration and analysis systems (DIASs), high-performance computing (HPC) and Internet of Things (IoT).
- AI for hyper/multi-spectral image interpretation/classification.
- AI for point cloud interpretation from digital photogrammetry and LiDAR systems.
- AI for time trends analysis and interpretation (e.g., crop phenology detection and forecasting, drought trend modelling, etc.).
- AI to support decision-support systems for crop management (irrigation, fertilization, crop protections, etc.) based on the integration of satellite, meteorological and field data.
- Economical analyses of future trends of the technology transfer process of AI towards the agricultural sector, scenarios of profit and reports about the feelings of farmers regarding AI introduction in their ordinary workflow.
All other proposals related to the adoption of AI applied to remote sensing in agriculture will also be evaluated.
Prof. Dr. Enrico Corrado Borgogno
Dr. Filippo Sarvia
Dr. Samuele De Petris
Dr. Tommaso Orusa
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Remote Sensing is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2700 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- remote sensing
- agricultural application
- common agricultural policy (CAP)
- precision agriculture
- machine learning
- service prototype development
- crop monitoring
- crop detection
- deep learning
- artificial intelligence
- crop classification
- yield prediction
- GIS application
- precision farming
- remotely piloted aircraft systems (RPASs)
- image segmentation