Special Issue "Polymer Coatings: Principles, Methods, and Applications"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 15 December 2024 | Viewed by 1292
Interests: polymer films and coatings; polymer materials; functional composites; environment safety and health technology; sustainability; carbon emission and reduction technology
Focusing on a variety of polymer membranes and films, this Special Issue of “Polymer Coatings: Principles, Methods, and Application” may contribute to the collection of various discussions on the preparation, novel techniques, recent developments, and design theories of polymer coatings in order to present the advantages of each function and provide tools for better product performance and properties. We invite you to contribute original research as well review papers, which may include but are not limited to the following topics:
- Reviews of the advantages and benefits of the properties and applications of novel coating types.
- Research articles on specific and novel polymer-based coatings, such as nanocomposite, tunable surface wettability, stimuli-responsive, antifouling, antibacterial, self-healing, structural coloring, fire-retardant, anti-icing, etc., coatings.
- Discussion of recent, as well as advanced, developments in the field, including current and future perspectives.
- Technological notes and application studies regarding raw material preparation, fabrication methodology, functional enhancement, formulation optimization, and the potential commercialization of polymer coating and films.
We hope this Special Issue will become a research guide for polymer and materials researchers regarding optimizing polymer coating properties and increasing product performance.
Dr. Yuanzhe Li
Dr. Zhe Cui
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Polymers is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2700 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- polymer coatings
- mechanism and principles
- fabrication methodology
- functional coatings
- functional composites
- application enhancement
- formulation optimization
- potential commercialization