Special Issue "Advances in Fiber Materials and Manufacturing"
A special issue of Polymers (ISSN 2073-4360). This special issue belongs to the section "Biomacromolecules, Biobased and Biodegradable Polymers".
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (15 August 2023) | Viewed by 9047
Interests: textile materials; fiber composites; cleaner production; smart textiles; sustainable dyeing
Interests: polymer nanofiber membrane; carbon nanofibers; lithium metal battery; all-solid-state cells; electrocatalysis
Textile fiber materials are of immense importance in the global economy, which are used in various forms for a wide range of applications (aerospace, biomedical, energy, agriculture, civil construction, architecture, environment, waste management applications, etc.). Fibers are typically grouped into two major categories: natural fibers (cotton, hemp, coir, flax, ramie, jute, silk and wool fiber, etc.) and synthetic fibers (viscose, cellulose acetate, polyester, polyamide, polyolefin, polyimide, aramid, polyurethane, glass, carbon fibers, etc.).
For this Special Issue, we aim to present the most recent developments in “Advances in Fiber Materials and Manufacturing”. We welcome contributions dealing with related research fields for textile fiber materials and processing technologies, especially for the presentation of scientific results that introduce new concepts, innovative technologies, and improved understanding of textile fiber materials, chemistry, processes, and systems.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to the following:
- Design, synthesis, and characterization of fiber materials;
- High-performance fibers and composites;
- Smart textiles and wearable intelligent devices;
- Development of sensing technologies based on fiber materials;
- Nanotechnologies in fibers and polymers;
- Advanced applications of fiber materials;
- Spinning, fabrication, and developments in production processes of textiles;
- Manufacture and testing of fibrous structures and fabricated products;
- Environmentally friendly dyeing or treatment of fibers and textiles;
- Novel processing methods and techniques for fibers;
- Other fiber-related materials and manufacturing.
Dr. Liangjun Xia
Dr. Nanping Deng
Dr. Wanjie Xie
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Polymers is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2700 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- advanced textile fiber materials
- low-carbon processing technologies
- color construction
- polymer fibers
- fiber-based composites
- textile dyeing and treatment
- textile functionalization
- strain sensing
- smart textiles
- biomass-based fibers
- nanotechnologies for textiles
- advanced manufacturing for textiles