Special Issue "Natural Products for Potential Use of Neuroprotective and Neurorestorative Effects in Stroke"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (30 June 2023) | Viewed by 8155
Interests: stroke; blood-brain barrier; neuroinflammation; oxidative stress; natural compounds; stem cell; etc.
We are launching a Special Issue that focuses on the most recent advances in natural product research for treating ischemic stroke, from acute ischemic stroke protection to post-stroke recovery. Stroke remains one of the leading causes of mortality and morbidity around the world, yet treatment options are very limited. Recent research revealed the potential of natural products to minimize stroke injury and promote stroke recovery. In this Special Issue, we aim to provide the most recent updates on natural product research for treating stroke involving both the nervous system and immune system, which will include in vitro, in vivo and clinical studies. Both original and review articles are welcome. Manuscripts addressing the following issues are of particular interest:
- Mechanistic studies of natural product treatments for protecting against ischemic stroke injury by targeting the central nervous system and/or immune system;
- Mechanistic studies of natural product treatments for promoting post-stroke brain recovery via modulating neuronal damages and/or CNS/peripheral immune responses such as inhibiting neurodegeneration, neuroinflammation and peripheral immune suppression and promoting neurogenesis;
- Investigation of natural compounds in stroke models that account for comorbidity, such as hyperglycemia, hypertension and hyperlipidemia;
- Adjunct therapy of natural products with current therapy for stroke treatment;
- Potential combination therapy of natural products with other potential treatments, such as stem cells and optogenetic stimulation.
Dr. Hansen Chen
Dr. Qingkun Liu
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Pharmaceuticals is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2900 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- natural products
- natural compounds
- brain repair
- adjunct therapy