Special Issue "Advances in Nanostructured Biomaterials and Their Applications"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 December 2021) | Viewed by 9626
Interests: nanostructured materials; biomaterials; bionanomaterials; functional thin films and coatings; nanocomposites; chemical vapour deposition; (bio)sensors; functional nanostructured materials; healthcare and biomedical applications
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
The design and engineering of biomaterials at nanoscale has transformed nanostructured biomaterials with unique properties for real world applications, including therapeutic, tissue engineering, drug/cell/gene delivery, imaging, medical implants and diagnostics.
This special issue aims to publish original, innovative, cutting edge and ground-breaking nanostructured biomaterials research. This includes communications and review articles, covering advances in the fundamental understanding, development and applications of nanostructured biomaterials obtained through experimental, theoretical and/or modelling approaches, addressing current limitations, challenges and outlook in this field towards practical industry, healthcare and biomedical applications.
We invite you to contribute to this special issue including but not limited to the following topics:
- Novel nanostructured biomaterials applied in 1D, 2D, 3D and/or coatings and their applications, including sensing, healthcare, biomedical research or tissue engineering.
- Nanoengineered biomaterials, including bioactive and/or biodegradable materials.
- Sustainable and cost-effective fabrication of nanostructured biomaterials, including bionanocomposites.
- Functionalisation and/or nano-surface engineering of biomaterials.
- Improvement in characterisation and clinical testing of nanostructured biomaterials.
- Interaction of nanostructured biomaterials with biological molecules such as proteins/enzymes, DNA, RNA, antibodies etc.
- Surface and interface control in nanostructured biomaterials.
- Intelligent (smart), biomimetic nanostructured biomaterials and their applications.
Prof. Kwang Leong Choy
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Nanomaterials is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2900 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Nanoengineered biomaterials
- Bioactive coatings
- Intelligent biomaterials
- Biodegradable materials
- Surface modification
- Biomedical applications