Nutrition and Metabolism
A section of Metabolites (ISSN 2218-1989).
‘Nutrition and Metabolism’ covers original research papers and reviews on all aspects of nutrition research, with a particular focus on the metabolic processing of nutrition, drugs and environmental substances that are orally consumed, and their effect on the cellular signaling pathway, transcriptional and epigenetic signatures at the cell, tissue and organismal levels. The section also covers various diets’ effects on physiological responses, such as food intake, energy expenditure, neurological and immune responses, and disease development. Finally, technological innovation, optimization, and improvement for studying nutrient metabolism in in vitro and in vivo model systems are also covered.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Identification and quantification of metabolites generated from nutrients by cells, tissues, and gut microbiota.
- Effects of acute and chronic nutrient intake on bodily metabolism, and consequent changes in metabolite levels and metabolic pathway activities.
- Metabolites that can be used as markers for specific nutrient intake and diseases.
- New techniques and perspectives for nutrient metabolism studies.
Topical Advisory Panel
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Advances in Dietary Nutrition Intervention on Metabolic Diseases (Deadline: 30 September 2023)
- Modern Methods and Practical Applications of Metabolomics to Food Science and Nutrition (Deadline: 30 September 2023)
- New Insights into Metabolic Dysregulation Mechanisms in Cardiometabolic Disease: The Future Is Now (Deadline: 30 September 2023)
- Regulation and Effect of Sulfur-Containing Amino Acids and Sulfur Compounds on Metabolism 2nd Edition (Deadline: 15 October 2023)
- The Effect of Natural Compounds from Tea on Metabolic Diseases (Deadline: 31 October 2023)
- Effects of Dietary Supplementation in Metabolic Syndrome (Deadline: 31 October 2023)
- Salivary Metabolomics in Human Health and Nutrition (Deadline: 15 November 2023)
- Metabolomics of Human Nutrition: The Dot of Human Nutrition and the Circle of Soil, Plants, Animals and Microbes in Relation to It (Deadline: 15 November 2023)
- Time-Restricted Eating to Prevent and Manage Chronic Metabolic Diseases (Deadline: 30 November 2023)
- Nutraceuticals: Current Approaches in Their Metabolism, Biological Activity and Preservation (Deadline: 30 November 2023)
- The Metabolomic Landscape of Carbohydrate Restriction (Deadline: 15 December 2023)
- Nutritional and Metabolic Diseases in Animals (Deadline: 20 December 2023)
- Resting Metabolic Rate and Health (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Determinants, Mechanisms, and Consequences of Childhood Obesity (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Combat Sports: Nutrition and Metabolism in Relation to Athletes’ Health and Performance (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Metabolic Correction and Optimization for Improving Outcomes in Chronic Diseases (Deadline: 31 January 2024)
- Organismal Metabolism and Nutritional Support (Deadline: 31 January 2024)
- We Are What We Eat: The Role of Food Intake on Human Metabolome (Deadline: 5 February 2024)
- Hypothalamic Regulation of Whole-Body Energy Metabolism: From Physiology to Pathophysiology (Deadline: 10 February 2024)
- Nutrition and Supplements Intervening on Exercise Ability and Metabolism (Deadline: 29 February 2024)
- Proteomic and Metabolomic Analyses of Fisheries and Aquaculture (Deadline: 1 March 2024)
- Nutrition and Metabolism in Animals (Deadline: 15 March 2024)
- Advances in Metabolism and Nutrition Physiology (Deadline: 30 March 2024)
- Epidemiology, Nutrition and Metabolism (Deadline: 30 March 2024)
- Nutrition and Metabolism in Human Diseases 2nd Edition (Deadline: 31 March 2024)
- Insights into the Metabolic Absorption of Bioactive Peptides Derived from Food Sources (Deadline: 30 April 2024)
- Brain Metabolic Alterations in Neurodegenerative Diseases (Deadline: 30 April 2024)
- Nutritional Epidemiology and Metabolic Disorders (Deadline: 15 May 2024)
- Impact of Food and Bioactive Compounds on Metabolic Diseases (Deadline: 30 June 2024)