Special Issue "Biomimetic Liquid Chromatographic and In Silico Studies of Molecule-Biomembranes Interactions"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 October 2023 | Viewed by 2205
Chromatographic techniques in which a separation process is designed to mimic the membrane-solute interactions are of utmost importance, especially in medicinal and pharmaceutical chemistry and in environmental studies.
We are pleased to invite you to submit manuscripts to the Special Issue of Membranes whose aim is to present recent developments in the field of chromatographic studies related to solute-membrane interactions.
In this Special Issue, original research articles and reviews are welcome. Research areas may include (but not limited to) the following:
- Preparation and/or characterization of novel stationary or mobile phases for biomimetic liquid chromatography
- Applications of biomimetic chromatography (e.g., IAM chromatography, TLC, HPLC, chromatography with micellar or microemulsion mobile phases, electrochromatographic techniques) to studies of properties and phenomena related to solute-biomembrane interactions:
- physico-chemical properties of compounds
- bioactivity, ADMET processes in humans and animals, studies of biomembrane permeability
- environmental impact of compounds (bioconcentration, bioaccumulation, biomagnification, mobility in soil, environmental persistence)
- Applications of in silico/QSAR studies to model the ability of molecules to cross biological barriers.
I look forward to receiving your contributions.
Dr. Anna Weronika Sobańska
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Membranes is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2700 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Immobilized Artificial Membrane (IAM) chromatography
- biomimetic chromatography
- ADMET Studies
- solute-biomembrane interactions
- biomembrane permeability
- IAM chromatographic bioconcentration bioaccumulation studies
- IAM chromatographic soil mobility studies