A section of Medicina (ISSN 1648-9144).
The Section Neurology aims to provide a forum for the rapid publication of scientifically sound research in the field of neurology, supporting the worldwide dissemination of information to advance scientific discovery, promote therapeutic development, and enhance clinical practice.
The Section Neurology is aimed at healthcare professionals, researchers, educators, academicians, and scientists globally who are concerned with the functioning and development of the central and peripheral nervous system in health and disease. It will consider outstanding original research articles, reviews, systematic reviews, and commentaries. The section is designed to have interdisciplinary scope with wide appeal over the spectrum of basic, translational, and clinical areas of neurology and neuroscience. It covers a broad range of neurology subspecialties including, but not limited to neurodegenerative diseases, stroke, spinal cord injury, epilepsy/neuro-diagnostics, movement disorders, demyelinating diseases, pediatric neurology, neuromuscular medicine, neuro-oncology, neurosurgery, neuroradiology, and traumatic brain injury. Subjects of particular interest to readers of Medicina involve neurological care, innovative therapies, underlying mechanisms of etiopathology, recent advances, neuropharmacology, and clinical trials. High priority is given to original research representing major accomplishments and new findings that address major challenges and move the field forward.
- spinal cord
- synaptic plasticity
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Atypical Autism: Causes, Diagnosis, and Support (Deadline: 15 October 2023)
- Non-motor Disorders in Parkinson Disease and Other Parkinsonian Syndromes (Deadline: 30 November 2023)
- Pathophysiology and Treatment of Spinal Cord Injury (Deadline: 15 December 2023)
- Impact of Exercise on Neuropsychiatric and Cognitive Symptoms in Patients with Mental Disorders (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Advances and Challenges in Stroke Therapy: A Regenerative Prospective (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Large Data Sets for Diagnosis and Treatment of Neurologic Disorders (Deadline: 20 January 2024)
- Clinical Applications of Modern Technologies in Neurosurgery and Spine Surgery (Deadline: 29 February 2024)
- Commemorative Issue Celebrating the 20th Anniversary of the Alzheimer’s Foundation of America: Understanding and Treating Alzheimer’s Disease (Deadline: 29 February 2024)
- Preclinical Markers Preluding the Onset of Cognitive Impairment and Dementia (Deadline: 29 February 2024)
- Updates on Fibromyalgia Research (Deadline: 29 February 2024)
- New Perspectives on Pain Neuroscience (Deadline: 31 March 2024)
- Advances in Brain Tumor (Deadline: 20 April 2024)
- Neuromuscular Disorders: Diagnostical Approaches and Treatments (Deadline: 30 April 2024)