Special Issue "Piezoelectric, Ferroelectric and Dielectric Properties of Materials and Related Applications"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (20 November 2023) | Viewed by 2954
Interests: piezoelectric; ferroelectric; dielectric; electrostrain; electronic ceramics; functional materials
Interests: dielectric ceramics; high-temperature piezoceramics; energy storage; perovskites; defect engineering
We are preparing a Special Issue, titled "Piezoelectric, Ferroelectric and Dielectric Properties of Materials and Related Applications", guest-edited by Guangzhi Dong, Zong-Yang Shen, and Laijun Liu, to be published in [Materials] (IF: 3.623, ISSN 1996-1944).
Piezoelectric, ferroelectric, and dielectric materials have diverse functionalities that enable numerous applications, ranging from piezoelectric sensing to dielectric energy storage, which have attracted extensive research and development interests. This Special Issue publishes experimental and theoretical papers aimed at the understanding of piezoelectric, ferroelectric, and dielectric properties, as well as their associated phenomena, in addition to applied papers dealing with the utilization of these materials in devices and systems.
This Special Issue includes—but is not limited to—the following areas:
- Fundamentals of piezoelectric, ferroelectric, dielectric, and electrostrain properties, etc.
- Property characterization and property–structure relationship studies.
- Advances in processing techniques of high-performance functional materials.
- New systems, including ceramics, crystals, thin/thick films, and composites.
- Industrial application of piezoelectric, ferroelectric, and dielectric materials, including piezoelectric transducers/sensors, ferroelectric memory devices, electrostrictive actuators, dielectric energy storage applications, etc.
- Challenges and perspectives of development.
- For this Special Issue, we sincerely invite authors to contribute research articles or reviews on the broad range of topics addressed above.
Dr. Guangzhi Dong
Prof. Dr. Zong-Yang Shen
Prof. Dr. Laijun Liu
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Materials is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2600 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.