Special Issue "Emerging Approaches for Performance Assessment and Prediction of Cement-Based Materials"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 20 January 2024 | Viewed by 167
Interests: advanced cementitious composites; smart materials and construction technologies; arctic construction
This Special Issue brings together a collection of research papers that delve into emerging approaches for assessing performance of cement-based composites. The selected contributions present innovative techniques, experimental studies, and numerical modeling approaches that shed light on the intricate nature of these materials and their response under various loading conditions.
The Issue covers a broad spectrum of topics, including:
- Novel imaging techniques: These contributions explore state-of-the-art imaging methods to provide detailed insights into the microstructure of cement-based composites at different length scales.
- Smart sensing systems: These contributions emphasize the development and application of smart sensors, wireless sensor networks, and data analysis techniques for real-time monitoring of structural behavior of cement-based composites.
- Multi-scale modeling: These contributions present computational modeling approaches to simulate and predict the behavior of cement-based composites.
- Data-driven approaches: These contributions showcases the use of data-driven methodologies, machine learning techniques, and big data analysis to enhance the characterization and assessment of cement-based materials.
The collection of papers in this Special Issue serves as a valuable resource for researchers, engineers, and practitioners involved in the design, construction, and maintenance of cement-based structures, providing insights that can contribute to the development of more durable, sustainable, and high-performance cement-based composites.
Dr. Nima Farzadnia
Dr. Amin Malek
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Materials is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2600 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- mechanical performance evaluation
- durability assessment
- imaging techniques
- smart sensing systems and Big Data
- multi-scale modeling.