A section of Materials (ISSN 1996-1944).
The Quantum Materials section publishes novel scientific and applied research that significantly contributes to the understanding and discovery of quantum materials and related phenomena, functions, and applications. Quantum Materials are characterized by quantum many-body-systems in a typical form of strongly correlated electrons in solids that can give rise to novel and remarkable properties and functions, including Mott transition, high-temperature superconductivity, topological superconductivity, colossal magnetoresistance, giant magnetoelectric effect and so forth. Topics of interest include but are not limited to the following:
Superconducting Materials: Novel superconductors, cuprates, iron-based systems, heavy fermion superconductors.
Correlated Electronic Materials: Mott insulators, magnetism in correlated electron systems, colossal magnetoresistance, multiferroicity and multiferroics, related theories and methods.
Topological Quantum Materials: Topological insulators/superconductors, Dirac semimetals and Weyl semimetals, magnetic topological insulators, topological heterostructures and devices.
Quantum Phenomena in Advanced Materials: Finite-size and low-dimensional systems, photovoltaic/light-emitting systems, photocatalysis, advanced energy generation systems.
Topical Advisory Panel
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Special Edition on Semiconductor Materials and Optics (Deadline: 10 November 2023)
- Doping and Defect Engineering in Semiconductors (Deadline: 10 November 2023)
- Advances in Quantum Science: Quantum Computing, Quantum Sensors and Quantum Communications (Deadline: 20 November 2023)
- The 15th Anniversary of Materials—Recent Advances in Quantum Materials (Deadline: 20 November 2023)
- Colloidal Quantum Dots for Nanophotonic Devices (Deadline: 20 November 2023)
- Structure and Electronic Properties of Emerging Superconductor and Related Materials (Deadline: 10 December 2023)
- Low-Dimensional Materials for Quantum Science and Technology (Deadline: 20 January 2024)
- Research Progress in Topological Materials (Deadline: 20 January 2024)
- Advances in Superconducting Materials: Characterization, Properties and Applications (Second Edition) (Deadline: 20 February 2024)
- Colloidal Quantum Dots Materials: Synthesis, Device Processing and Application (Deadline: 10 March 2024)
- Effect of Structure on Magnetism and Conductivity Properties of 2D Materials (Deadline: 20 May 2024)