A section of Journal of Personalized Medicine (ISSN 2075-4426).
The Section "Disease Biomarker" aims to publish the latest and most relevant research in the field of biomarkers for a broad spectrum of diseases. Important works on solid tumors, blood neoplasms or non-oncological diseases, such as cardiovascular and metabolic diseases, infectious diseases, and neurodegenerative diseases, are welcome.
This section supports the submission of manuscripts based on a multidisciplinary and multifaceted approach to promote the development of innovative and personalized therapies for patients with cancer or other severe diseases.
Immunotherapy, targeted agents, and new combinations have made significant breakthroughs in cancer treatment and have broadened treatment options. However, the identification of predictive biomarkers still represents an unmet need for most diseases.
We encourage the submission of clinical and translational studies that focus on the identification of diagnostic, prognostic, and predictive biomarkers that can help to select and stratify groups of subjects at risk for a given disease, groups of patients with different prognoses, and groups of patients who may benefit more from specific treatment approaches.
This Section aims to provide knowledge of the most significant advances and novel therapeutic options and approaches in the field of precision medicine. Original research papers, systematic reviews, meta-analyses, and reviews are welcome.
Topics of interest with a view towards personalized medicine in the Section “Disease Biomarker” include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Risk biomarkers;
- Diagnostic biomarkers;
- Staging of disease biomarkers;
- Disease prognosis biomarkers;
- Monitoring biomarkers;
- Predictive biomarkers;
- Pharmacodynamic biomarkers;
- Safety biomarkers;
- Tissue biomarkers;
- Circulating biomarkers;
- Biomarkers from other body fluids;
- Imaging biomarkers;
- Combined biomarker panels;
- Pregnancy biomarkers;
- Reproduction, lactation, and infertility biomarkers.
Topical Advisory Panel
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Biomarkers and Personalized Therapy in Solid Tumors (Deadline: 10 November 2023)
- Biomarkers and Personalized Therapies in Non-hodgkin Lymphomas (Deadline: 25 November 2023)
- Cancer Biomarkers and Therapy (Deadline: 25 November 2023)
- Breast Cancer: Biomarkers and Clinical Management (Deadline: 30 November 2023)
- Biomarkers for Inflammatory and Metabolic Disorders (Deadline: 30 November 2023)
- Biomarkers for Cholangiocarcinoma/Biliary Tract Cancer (Deadline: 10 December 2023)
- Biomarkers in Diagnosis and Treatment of Pulmonary Disease (Deadline: 5 January 2024)
- Predictive Biomarkers of Oral Cancer Development and Progression (Deadline: 10 January 2024)
- Psychiatry: Biomarkers, Genetics and Treatment Strategies (Deadline: 5 February 2024)
- The Gut Microbiome as a Target for the Treatment of Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (Deadline: 15 February 2024)