Special Issue "Advances in Structural Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (30 September 2023) | Viewed by 31829
Interests: structural dynamics; earthquake engineering; seismic isolation; structural vibration control; soil–structure interaction; finite element method; boundary element method; computer-aided structural analysis; elastodynamics; elastoplasticity; artificial intelligence and soft computing in structural engineering
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
Special Issue in Materials: Seismic Performance of Modern and Sustainable Construction Materials
Special Issue in Buildings: Applications of Computational Methods in Structural Engineering
I am pleased to invite your cutting-edge original research articles as well as high-quality review papers to this Special Issue on “Advances in Structural Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering”.
The increasing need for housing and infrastructures with the exponential population growth, especially in seismic-prone areas, raises the need to have earthquake-resistant structures.
The objective of this Special Issue is to bring together the most recent research trends and advances in structural dynamics and earthquake engineering to support the needs of professionals and researchers engaged in civil structures and infrastructures under a variety of external actions such as earthquakes, wind, vibrations, and extreme loads.
This Special Issue can serve as a source of high-impact publications for the global community of researchers in the traditional, as well as emerging, subdisciplines of structural dynamics and earthquake engineering.
Contributions in the following topics are welcome (but they need not be limited to this list):
- Effects of dynamic loads on structures (earthquakes, wind, vibrations, extreme loads, etc.);
- Linear and nonlinear methods of dynamic structural analysis;
- Seismic response of buildings, bridges and other structures;
- Seismic isolation of structures;
- Passive vibration control strategies to mitigate the dynamic response of structures (tuned mass dampers, etc.);
- Passive and active systems for earthquake protection;
- Dynamic soil–structure interaction (SSI);
- Investigation of earthquake-induced pounding between adjacent structures;
- Methods for earthquake-resistant design and retrofit of structures;
- Assessment, repair, and strengthening of existing structures, including historic structures and monuments;
- Soil dynamics and foundations under seismic loads.
Prof. Dr. Denise-Penelope N. Kontoni
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Infrastructures is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1600 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- structural dynamics
- earthquake engineering
- dynamic structural analysis
- seismic response of buildings, bridges and other structures
- seismic isolation of structures
- seismic mitigation
- structural vibration control
- damper device
- tuned mass damper
- passive and active systems for earthquake protection
- dynamic soil–structure interaction (SSI)
- earthquake-induced structural pounding
- earthquake-resistant structures
- seismic design and assessment of structures
- repair and strengthening of structures
- soil dynamics
- foundations under seismic loads