Special Issue "Streamlining the Construction Process: The Power of AI in the Road-Building Industry"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (30 November 2023) | Viewed by 295
Interests: artificial intelligence; computational and mathematical modeling; machine learning; data mining; intelligent systems; big data analytics; cloud computing
Interests: machine learning; computer vision; robotics; computational modeling; autonomous systems
Interests: model-based dependability analysis; safety and hazard assessment; reliability engineering; machine learning; fault tree analysis; failure modes and effects analysis; dependable intelligent systems; telehealth
The goal of this Special Issue is to explore the potential of AI in streamlining the construction process in the road-building industry and provide insights into the latest advancements and challenges in this field. The issue invites experts and practitioners from academia, industry, and government organizations to share their knowledge and experience on the use of AI in enhancing the construction process, from planning and design to execution and monitoring. The topics covered in this issue include AI-powered road design and planning, automated construction processes, real-time monitoring and control, predictive maintenance, cost estimation, project management, big data analytics, IoT integration, case studies and best practices of AI implementation, the impact of AI on the construction industry and workforce, ethical considerations, emerging trends, and future directions. Additionally, the issue explores the potential of AI in road, airport, and railway maintenance, and the role of IoT in the construction and maintenance of roads, airports, and railways.
The scope of this Special Issue includes, but is not limited to, the following topics:
- AI-powered road design and planning;
- Automated construction processes and equipment control;
- The real-time monitoring and control of construction sites;
- Predictive maintenance for construction equipment;
- AI-powered cost estimation and project management;
- Big data analytics for construction project management;
- The integration of AI and Internet of Things (IoT) in construction;
- Case studies and best practices of AI implementation in road building;
- Examining the use of AI in streamlining the road construction process;
- Exploring the benefits and challenges of implementing AI in airport construction;
- Investigating the role of AI in improving efficiency and safety in railway construction;
- Case studies and real-world examples of AI-powered construction projects in the road, airport, and railway industries;
- Discussing the potential impact of AI on the construction industry and the workforce;
- Evaluating the ethical considerations of using AI in construction;
- Highlighting emerging trends and future directions in the intersection of construction and AI;
- Road maintenance and AI: exploring the potential of AI in road maintenance, including predictive maintenance and condition monitoring;
- Airport maintenance and AI: analyzing how AI can improve the efficiency of airport maintenance, including runway maintenance and facility management;
- Railway maintenance and AI: investigating the application of AI in railway maintenance, such as predictive maintenance and signal system optimization;
- IoT: examining the role of the Internet of Things (IoT) in the construction and maintenance of roads, airports, and railways, including the use of sensors and real-time data analysis.
Dr. Ali Sadegh-Zadeh
Dr. Saeed Shiry Ghidary
Dr. Septavera Sharvia
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Infrastructures is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1600 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- AI-powered road design and planning
- automated construction processes
- real-time monitoring and control of construction sites
- predictive maintenance for construction equipment
- AI-powered cost estimation and project management
- big data analytics for construction project management
- integration of AI and Internet of Things (IoT) in construction
- case studies and best practices of AI implementation in road building
- ethical considerations of using AI in construction
- IoT and real-time data analysis in road, airport, and railway construction and maintenance