Special Issue "Exclusive Papers Collection of Editorial Board Members and Invited Scholars in Section Climate Change"
A special issue of International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health (ISSN 1660-4601). This special issue belongs to the section "Climate Change".
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 October 2022) | Viewed by 9988
Interests: health risks of climate variability and change; health adaptation; health co-benefits of mitigation policy; sustainable development
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
As the Editor-in-Chief of Section "Climate Change", I am pleased to announce this Collection titled "Exclusive Papers Collection of Editorial Board Members and Invited Scholars in Section Climate Change". This issue will be a collection of papers from our Section Editorial Board Members (and researchers invited by the Editorial Board Members). The aim is to provide a venue for networking and communication between IJERPH and scholars in the field of climate change and health. All papers will be published with fully open access after peer review.
Prof. Dr. Kristie L. Ebi
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2500 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- elaborate causal pathways relating global environmental changes to health
- quantify associations between weather and health, taking into consideration other key drivers
- assess the current burden of climate-sensitive disease
- identify thresholds and time of emergence of climate-sensitive health outcomes
- project climate-sensitive disease burdens under different climate and development pathways, including health system impacts, focused on how changing weather patterns could affect the geographic range, seasonality, and/or burden of health outcomes
- examine challenges and opportunities for multisectoral adaptation partnerships that benefit human health
- identify, implement, and evaluate the effectiveness of adaptation policies and programs
- estimate the range of health co-benefits of climate change mitigation policies and technologies