Special Issue "Ecological Risk Assessment of Pollutants in Aquatic Environments"
A special issue of International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health (ISSN 1660-4601). This special issue belongs to the section "Chemoenvironment".
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (20 June 2023) | Viewed by 2085
Controlling the ecological risks in the water environment remains a grim situation. To prevent the occurrence of major water environmental pollution events, it is crucial to objectively and accurately assess the potential adverse effects of pollutants on water ecosystems. The main emphasis of this Special Issue is on the dissemination of cutting-edge research findings on this topic from science.
The purpose of VSI is to publish state-of-the-art outcomes that gather current knowledge and answer pressing questions pertaining to the ecological risk assessment of pollutants in aquatic environments. The topics of VSI include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The occurrence and distribution of pollutants in typical waters (water that does not contain drinking water).
- Advanced detection methods of emerging contaminants, in particular, in aquatic environments.
- Environmental behaviors of contaminants, such as their adsorption, transformation, transportation and degradation in aquatic environments.
- Advanced assessment and remediation technologies of pollutants in aquatic environments.
- Toxicity and the associated toxic mechanisms of pollutants to aquatic organisms, the transmission of pollutants among food chains, and the human health risks of pollutants in aquatic environments.
- Ecological risk assessment modeling of pollutants in aquatic environments.
- Proposal of ecological risk assessment criteria for types of pollutants in aquatic environments.
Dr. Xiaona Li
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2500 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- aquatic environment
- detection methods
- environmental behaviors
- human health
- risk assessment