Special Issue "Interventions on Health Equity Promotion among Racial and Ethnic Populations"
A special issue of International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health (ISSN 1660-4601). This special issue belongs to the section "Health Behavior, Chronic Disease and Health Promotion".
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 March 2024 | Viewed by 68
Interests: social epidemiology; health inequities; racism; big data; social media research
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
Large and persistent racial and ethnic health disparities persist across a range of health outcomes. Racism and other social determinants of health impact access to resources and opportunities and differentially influence the exposure to risk and protective factors. Interventions are needed to reduce racial and ethnic health inequities. This Special Issue focuses on interventions to promote health equity among racially minoritized populations.
Some possible topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Evaluation of interventions to decrease the risk of adverse health outcome among racially minoritized populations;
- Evaluation of policies that directly or indirectly impact the health of racially minoritized populations;
- Assessment of changes in racial and ethnic health inequities over time as a result of an event, intervention, or policy change;
- Description/study design or the feasibility, acceptability of an intervention to reduce racial and ethnic health inequities;
- Scaling up of an intervention to reduce racial and ethnic health inequities;
- Training of communities to address health issues;
- Community needs assessments to seek knowledge and an understanding of community needs and solutions from community members and community organizations.
Dr. Thu Thi Xuan Nguyen
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2500 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- health inequities
- racial and ethnic minoritized populations